Navigator- Digital Clock Problem

bucky1

We just returned from the Navigator- great cruise but 1 little problem. We brought along a brand new digital clock so we could tell what time it was in the middle of the night. On day 1 my wife woke up at 8 a.m. digital clock and it was pitch dark outside. I checked my wrist watch and it was 5:30 a.m. I checked the clock and it seemed to do a minute in about 45 seconds.

I asked the captain at our Meet and Mingle and he said the ship worked on 60 cycle power, just like in North America. My guess is it must have been around 80 cycles. The clock works the way it should here at home.

Anyone have any similar experience or another explanation??

Oh, man-o-man!! I had the same problem. I brought my favorite clock and when it wasn't working properly, my husband told me to throw it out! I didn't, only because I loved that clock, and was glad because it's been working fine at home ever since! :D

Thanks for the info.

We just returned from the Navigator- great cruise but 1 little problem. We brought along a brand new digital clock so we could tell what time it was in the middle of the night. On day 1 my wife woke up at 8 a.m. digital clock and it was pitch dark outside. I checked my wrist watch and it was 5:30 a.m. I checked the clock and it seemed to do a minute in about 45 seconds.

I asked the captain at our Meet and Mingle and he said the ship worked on 60 cycle power, just like in North America. My guess is it must have been around 80 cycles. The clock works the way it should here at home.

Anyone have any similar experience or another explanation??

I am surprised at this because we have an electric projection clock in our cabin and it works great and never had a problem with it.

Tj

Tjukka...I've sailed on the Navigator twice, 11/04 & 11/05. Sorry, I did not get to meet you again at the recent M & M. Capt. Bang said you were on vacation.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous postings. My hubby, kids and I always book two aft cabins for each cruise and we've had digital alarm clock problems in both cabins/both cruises. I assumed it was the clocks' problems but they worked fine upon arriving home.

We sailed on the Majesty 8/05 and had no problems with these same clocks. The time jumping problem reappeared on our Nov. 05 Nav. cruise. We just unplugged them and relied on our phone and TV for accurate time.

Since you're not having a problem with your projection clock, maybe it's just a certain area of the ship? We had cabins #7688 & #7690. Maybe other posters with this problem could list their cabin numbers also?

Happy Holidays to you and Capt. Bang.

Linda

Tjukka...I've sailed on the Navigator twice, 11/04 & 11/05. Sorry, I did not get to meet you again at the recent M & M. Capt. Bang said you were on vacation.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous postings. My hubby, kids and I always book two aft cabins for each cruise and we've had digital alarm clock problems in both cabins/both cruises. I assumed it was the clocks' problems but they worked fine upon arriving home.

We sailed on the Majesty 8/05 and had no problems with these same clocks. The time jumping problem reappeared on our Nov. 05 Nav. cruise. We just unplugged them and relied on our phone and TV for accurate time.

Since you're not having a problem with your projection clock, maybe it's just a certain area of the ship? We had cabins #7688 & #7690. Maybe other posters with this problem could list their cabin numbers also?

Happy Holidays to you and Capt. Bang.

Linda

Linda,

I think it is because ours sets itself by satllite on it own. Our daughter bought it for us from Sharper image and it progects the time on the ceiling so we don't have to look at the clock.

Tj

Archived