12-10-05 Glory Review

estherhead

We are a family of 4, My dh & me (31) and two girls (3 & 5.) We also had my sister, her dh, and their 3 boys (2, 5, 8.) My parents (60s), and three couples in their 30's-50's.

Some of us started our trip at Disney for a week. It was awesome but we caught a cold there. I started spraying the Zicam & taking my vitamins, which did make my cold less severe, but I couldn’t avoid it all the way. I’m still stuffy today, as are all the rest of us who did Disney & the cruise.

We drove to Port Canaveral and were there by 11:30a, after I got us briefly lost, we were in line for security. Dh parked & got stuck in a serious line which stressed him out, but other than that it was completely painless. I venture to say the best boarding experience I’ve had. We were on the boat by 1pm and were allowed to go to our rooms immediately. Ours was actually bigger than I thought from looking at photos online. The girls shared an upper bunk so we pushed the other one out of the way & then turned our beds to make a king and so our heads were under their bunk. It was nice. Fairly easy to move around in. Even the bathroom was fairly roomy. At one point the two girls & I were in the shower & Tim was at the sink & it was just fine. My best friends were in room 1310 and their bathroom smelled of sewage. We were in 1302 and ours didn't.

After checking out our rooms we went to the Red Sail and got food. The hotdogs, cheeseburgers, and fries were great, the pizza was disappointing. The Chinese food was yummy, and the fish & chips were adequate, though some thought the portions were small and there always did seem to be a line. We always ate breakfast and lunch in there. The first 2 days they played Christmas music which made everyone try to escape the Red Sail. They finally got the hint and started playing fun music. It got a lot better after that. The got omlet station made over easy eggs, too, which made everyone happy. My girls loved it. I pretty much had a croissant & two slices of bacon every morning so my opinion doesn’t matter. I can’t waste calories on greasy breakfast food.

One thing we all enjoyed was meeting up in the mornings. We would always sit at the Turquoise Pool & very slowly we would all end up there. Watching the water & the sun warming us. The weather was great. Great. And the way the ship was set up it was easy to find our friends without trying. We generally hung out at the middle pool. The way it’s set up with the chairs being stadium seating made chair saving issues almost obsolete. We sat right next to the pool many a time & we didn’t ever need to save seats. There just always was one available where I wanted one. And then my friends would be passing by & they would find their own seat, or drag one over. Totally hassle free sunbathing. We did have our girls in the hot tub. The Turquise ones were for kids & the Azure were adult only. Very nice, though they weren't hot enough in my opinion. To be continued...

Archived