Short review on Roatan

chismrules

We came in on Carnival Sunshine, we chose to hire Rony's tours for the day. It was my husband, me, son age 22 and daughter 26. They were very easy to deal with, I had brought cash and paid him at end of day the $25 per person plus tip. When you get off boat go to the left and out then up the hill, then you will see everyone with signs. We just asked and someone pointed him out. We had Hector, who was great. We were not sure if going to rain or not so just went with what we wanted to do.. We went to see the sloths and monkeys first, $10 a person, pd. there. I am so glad we did, I LOVED holding the sloth, who can say they have done that? They were clean, the area was not smelly at all. Then we headed to otherside of the island The boatride was $15 pp and we pd. the guy cash. The guy driving the boat was a little quiet but he was also by the engine. We just enjoyed being on the water a little bit. Afterwards we were going to get some lunch, I mentioned a restaurant called Temporary Cal's cantina , which happened that we passed on the same rd.coming. He had not been there but had heard about it. If you are on that side of the island, go here. It was not crowded, had a gorgeous view. They have their menu on a board, price is $20 to our $1. The food was very good, we had two appetizers, 5 meals, 6 alcoholic drinks and a pepsi. I think it was around $125/140, can't remember. We pd. for Hector's food, because we didn't go to a cheaper local, not sure what others do. But enjoyed talking to him and others at the next table, and we wanted to. We then went back and he took us to the westside for us to look in a few shops etc. but didn't have much time at all and started raining. He came down the rd. for us so we could jump in the car. When he brought us back to the ship, they are allowed to go into the port area so it is closer than where you had to meet them. We had a great day, and would hire them again. It was great having someone take us around. He even stopped at a store to buy my daughter some roatan coffee, two bags for $5, not the touristy stuff.

Yes it was the mangrove tour. And I had already told them that I was wanting to do it so he just called ahead and told him about what time we would be there and he was waiting. And I pd. for the boatride to the guy who drove the boat. It does take a little while to get over there, plus he went very slow around pot holes in the rd. but we just enjoyed seeing the area and getting to know our driver.