Cave-tubing.com 12/14/2005

samdham

We just got back from our cruise on the Norwegian Sun. We went tubing with cave-tubing.com and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We booked our reservation online several months in advance. Over that time, we had several questions and we received email responses to our questions very quickly--always within 24 hours, most often within 6.

We booked this excursion with others from our roll call. Our group grew from 6 when we started to 18 by the week of our trip. I was sort of concerned about the size of our group, but there was no reason to worry, Yhony took care of us.

On the day of the excursion, we found Yhony quickly right where he said he would be. Once our group was together (I highly recommend following Yhony's advice. He suggests getting together on the ship, then tendering over. We got together on the pier and it took awhile to find each other.)

Because our group was so big, 25 in all including people from another ship, we took the "limo," which is a bus. Along the way, Yhony talked about tubing, Belize, the Belize government,...all kinds of stuff.

Once we got to the park, we picked up our tubes for the walk. I have no clue how far we walked, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Our group separated for a short time, which was fine, the faster walkers went with Junior, while Yhony and the others stayed with the families with kids. They caught up later.

Yhony recommended that we keep all our stuff on the bus. Most did. I took my sunglasses along, but I wish I hadn't. We had headlamps on our heads, so I couldn't shove them up there, and they just got wet hanging on my swimsuit. The walk wasn't all that bright, even though the sun was blazing overhead. The path was shaded.

Getting in the tube was no big deal. I had read about the rope you have to use to get down into the water. I am one of the world's most uncoordinated people, but it was really easy. If you can go from a standing position to a sitting position, you really shouldn't have a problem with this.

The tubing itself was wonderful. We linked our feet to the tube in front of us. I think we were in groups of 7, each led by a guide. It felt really safe to me. Dh would have preferred to go by himself, but it was no big deal. He didn't mention that to a guide, so I don't know if they would have let him if he asked. We watched people from the ship's tour get in their tubes and take off. One woman who appeared to be in her 60s got going faster than she expected and looked really scared. I felt bad for her.

So anyway, after we tubed, we got out of the river back where we started and had a few minutes to dry off and change clothes. Then we got back on the bus and went to Cheer's for lunch. Good stuff. It was good food. A little unorganized, some people didn't get their food for quite awhile, but everyone had time to eat.

On the bus ride back to the pier, Junior sat in the back by us cool kids and told us about his experiences in America. He's been all over and he's entertaining to listen to. We got back to the pier with plenty of time to shop (I didn't look at my watch right then, but I'm pretty sure we had at least 2 or 3 hours to go before we had to be back on the ship).

We really had a blast. I recommend this trip to anyone who is steady on their feet and capable of walking for 45 minutes or so (I wish I could say for sure how long the walk is. I just don't know). There were stairs and some mucky parts because it had rained a bit that morning. We had young kids on our tour and I think we had a woman in her 60s. Yhony stuck to her like glue, and the other guides really took care of the kids. We paid $45 each, plus $5 each for lunch. It was worth every single penny. I have no doubt that we got a bigger bang for our buck than the people who bought the ship's tour.

I LOVED this tour, and I'm so happy that we booked it with www.cave-tubing.com. Yhony, Junior, Tigre, and Timmy were wonderful.

I agree 200%!!

We were in your group last week (we were on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas) and it was my mother-in-law that Yhony stuck to. He was so awesome! She was nevous about the walk through the woods. She has hip, knee, and back problems. But Yhony took such good care of her that she ended up having an absolute blast! It was probably the best day of the cruise for her!

I wouldn't do this excursion with anyone but Yhony and www.cave-tubing.com. They took great care of my mother-in-law (Mama as Yhony referred to her :) ) and my 2 children (ages 7 & 5). I felt completely safe and we all had a LOT of fun. My daughter said that it was the best day of her life! ha ha

I completely agree! Yhony, Junior, and the rest of the guys made the cave tubing experience, and Belize so memorable! Great review! You summed it up wonderfully, and even made me remember some stuff I had forgotten!

I so recommend cavetubing.com. I can't imagine going with the ship's tour or with anyone else.

Now, where's Bob? :)

I completely agree! Yhony, Junior, and the rest of the guys made the cave tubing experience, and Belize so memorable! Great review! You summed it up wonderfully, and even made me remember some stuff I had forgotten!

I so recommend cavetubing.com. I can't imagine going with the ship's tour or with anyone else.

Now, where's Bob? :)

Can we go back now? :) This cold weather is too cold!

Archived