Booking Adjoining cabins-different price when booked separately?

I've cruised before but never with the kids and the pricing has me a bit confused. I'm seeing it's not a whole lot more to get them their own room vs in cabin with us but am I missing something? It seems if I book separately 1 adult/1 child in a room on a single reservation (x2), it is a lot cheaper than if I book 2 rooms with 2 adults and 2 children on the same reservation. The room types were the same on both reservations. Is this real or am I doing something wrong?

Could it be refundable vs non-refundable? I had something similar happen yesterday. I called because online it looked like there was a price drop. I didn't realize that when I checked for the 2 rooms together it defaulted to non-refundable. When I went online and checked them separately it gave me the choice to pick between refundable or non-refundable.

I've cruised before but never with the kids and the pricing has me a bit confused. I'm seeing it's not a whole lot more to get them their own room vs in cabin with us but am I missing something? It seems if I book separately 1 adult/1 child in a room on a single reservation (x2), it is a lot cheaper than if I book 2 rooms with 2 adults and 2 children on the same reservation. The room types were the same on both reservations. Is this real or am I doing something wrong?

It is a quirk in the booking system. When you put in 2 adults/2 kids/2 rooms it thinks you want 2 quad occupancy rooms (8 total people). To show the same price just select 2 adults/2 rooms and put in the real birthdays when you go through. The kids will be the same price as the adults anyway as person 1 and 2 are always charged adult rate regardless of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums