No Cozumel for Valor...

ToddWelch

I just received an email from Carnival changing our route fro Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. Jan. 8 & 22, Feb. 5 & 19, Mar. 5 & 19, and Apr. 2, 16, & 30th sailings.

I was looking forward to Paradise Beach. Oh well....back to planning for Costa Maya.

Todd

I think the plan was to do Costa Maya from the beginning, perhaps they are just getting around to emailing people with upcoming cruises? Costa Maya was preparing itself for ships to be coming there for a while, and one of them was the Valor. I don't understand why Carnival didn't just update their website and change the itineraries then... seems silly.

I love Costa Maya. Have been there 3 times and always have a great time! The Beach Break at Pez Quadro is great!

I searched Carnival.com and found the newest updated info on Cozumel. We are on the Conquest for Feb 26th, and still set to go to Cozumel. We were in Costa Maya in August and LOVED it. For those that go, there is a little restaurant/bar called Mamasitas (i think that is what it is called...) Anyway....They have the BEST EVER rainbow margaritas. I don't like Tequila and loved these.

I was hoping to go back there instead of Cozumel, but-no such luck. :(

Miranda

Just returned from the Miracle and our ship did go to Cozumel. Unfortunately, the island is still in recovery--though there has been amazing progress made toward rebuilding the once vital port. Paradise Beach was lovely, but many of the excursions had to be canceled. You will enjoy Costa Maya (another of our ports):) --it is small but fun and the pierside beach is a blast and not overly crowded. I actually was able to lie comfortably in a hammock!

I think the plan was to do Costa Maya from the beginning, perhaps they are just getting around to emailing people with upcoming cruises? Costa Maya was preparing itself for ships to be coming there for a while, and one of them was the Valor. I don't understand why Carnival didn't just update their website and change the itineraries then... seems silly.

I love Costa Maya. Have been there 3 times and always have a great time! The Beach Break at Pez Quadro is great!

I just got back, we were at Pez Quadro on Friday.... if you search separate excursions online, you can find beach break for $30 all drinks inclusive. My second time. Book the beach break and they will put out reclining chairs for you. Took couple friends for first time, they loved it.Marco is great to deal with, had a wonderful time, very good drinks. BUT.... the quiet little street walk to Pez Quadro is now filled with many vendors, some are rather pushy, but just walk by.

Mixed drinks, Margaritas, tequila sunrise, pina coladas, etc were $4 us, soda $1 us, beer $2 us. So if you aren't going to have 15 beers, just show up, sit on the swing bar seats, and enjoy yourself!

Archived