Which Excursion? Singray City or Sandbar Snorker with Stingrays

kmtjones803

I would make sure that the one you go on goes to the sandbar. Standing, holding and touching the stingrays is a thrill. We went with the Buccaneer and went to the sandbar, then the reef, and then the coral gardens. It was fantastic. Here is their website if you want a suggestion: http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Excursion.htm

Definately the sandbar. Its an amazing experience,

we went with Captain Marvin who took us is a small group of 4 which was fantastic and we went to 3 places, coral gardens, barrier reef and sandbar and the guide held one of the stingrays over my back so i got a stingray massage - Its an amazing experience especially in a small group and with the right guide.

Other things he did was catch a small shark for us to stroke while snorkelling at coral gardens and we saw turtles, eels, baracudas. I couldnt reccommend it enough and that was only 3 weeks ago i was there.

we went with capt byran's bucaneer to "stingray city". there were two other stops in deeper water - 8-12ft, but the stingray city stop you could stand in 4ft of water and play with the stingrays. very cool.

the sad part of it was my wife slipped on the boat and split her leg open pretty good. they had 1st aid gear and fixed her up as best they could but it did require a trip to the ship's infirmary as soon as we got back. I would still recommend this trip to anyone because it really was cool. you will want to bring a water camera.

we bought a pentax optio wp waterproof digital camera for this trip and I was able to take some pics and movies of the stingrays and stuff here. very cool, just be sure to wash the salt off it when you get back.

• 2 weeks later...
We are on teh Conquest 2-26, and these are the 2 excursions I am most interested in. I am not sure which is better, the difference in price is $2 per person.

Any advice or suggestions? TIA!

Miranda

I am going on the Conquest 2-5 and saw the same thing - 2 excursions that look identical. There is $5 difference on our cruise. Both say they go to Stingray Sandbar. There were different times for each, so we chose the one going to earliest. Wish I had more definitive information.

We used Captian Marvins and booked online for the snorkel and sting ray sand bar tour. Our cruise was in Dec of 2001. It cost about half of what the cruise line charged and we had a much smaller group. I think there were 8 of us compared to the hundreds who went with the cruise sponsored one.

The service was great and personal. We were at the sand bar before the cruise sponored ones showed up in a very big boat and we watched amazed as so many people waded into the water. At that point I was so glad we booked Captian Marvins.

The site where we snorkled we were the only ones there.

Archived