Nachi Cocum with kids?

gigem_aggies

We will be in Cozumel in early August with 6 adults and 6 kids. There will be 8 other ships in port and our ship is scheduled to be the last one to arrive for the day. Given the # of passengers in port and how late we are getting into port, we are thinking about Nachi Cocum, since they take reservations and a smaller # of guests. Will the kids be ok there? I mean, I think they'll be happy with just some beach toys and snorkel gear. We've been once, but it was just my husband and myself and it was during the off season--I think there were only 10 guests there total that day! They are good kids (I'm a Kindergarten teacher, so I know unruly kids when I see them...these kids aren't), but I will look elsewhere if kids are frowned upon there.

We've only been to Cozumel once but our son was 11 and we opted for Nacchi for the same reason- reservations and it was an unknown to us at the time. He had a great day and so did we. Headed back in March and this time we are going to Paradise Beach. He's now 17 and bringing along a friend so we thought this was a better option. Enjoy!

If they are happy swimming and playing in the sand it will be fine -- not sure about ages, but with no water toys, etc. there might be better places than Nachi. :confused:

Paradise Beach is a very large, pay as you go beach club with great facilities, water toys (extra fee), a HUGE pool and good food, drinks and service. Even with 7 other ships in port you should be able to find loungers and shade -check it out.

Our kids, 9 and 11 have been to Nachi 3 times. They love it and look forward to it when I tell them we booked our day there again. They spend most of the time in the pool and the beach, but they enjoy just swimming and diving for toys. And to be honest - since we’ve never done the big water toy resorts, they don’t even know any different. They just enjoy getting to swim all day and create their own fun. They play more relaxed too, so it isn’t so overly chaotic and noisy.

They did however witness a drunk adult vomit in the pool one year, and that is the only bad behavior I came across in the 8 times we’ve visited. The kids that I’ve seen there have been pretty good for the most part. I did have some unruly ones jump over me on the beach and kick sand in my face on a cruise with my bestie one year and the parents did nothing about it.

For the most part, Nachi welcomes kids, and they’ve made it a point to say that to us each year when we return. Our kids have gotten T-shirts from them when we leave for the day. They are not an adults only exclusive place despite people thinking they are, and they have always treated our kids very nicely. Like I said before my kids know what Nachi is and love going back, water toys or not, they don’t care. I think if you set the expectation and know your kids, you will have a quiet, relaxing day :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums