Is this a good upgrade - Legend? Questions!

jsy

Hello everyone,

I can't understand the ship layout even though I was on the Legend a year ago.

I called my PVP today to ask a question not relating to our room. We reserved a 7A catagory, obstructed balcony. I asked if our cabin was assigned and it was, to my surprise. We are in room 7279. There's three of us. He said it was a great upgrade, with an extended balcony.

In Feb., 2004, Mom and I was upgraded to an extended balcony 8I on the Panarama Deck, room 8235 ( I think), right by the elevators. But looking at the layout, it doesn't look like an extended balcony. In 2004, my DB and SIL chose an extended balcony (not TBA), but it was only big enough for two chairs and a table. But Mom and I had a very long balcony with lounge chairs, etc. My SIL said they had an extended balcony. So does anyone have any answers for me? I was excited when my PVP said it was an extended balcony, but I think it's just a regular size. So what's the difference? Thanks for your answers in advance.

Hello everyone,

I can't understand the ship layout even though I was on the Legend a year ago.

I called my PVP today to ask a question not relating to our room. We reserved a 7A catagory, obstructed balcony. I asked if our cabin was assigned and it was, to my surprise. We are in room 7279. There's three of us. He said it was a great upgrade, with an extended balcony.

In Feb., 2004, Mom and I was upgraded to an extended balcony 8I on the Panarama Deck, room 8235 ( I think), right by the elevators. But looking at the layout, it doesn't look like an extended balcony. In 2004, my DB and SIL chose an extended balcony (not TBA), but it was only big enough for two chairs and a table. But Mom and I had a very long balcony with lounge chairs, etc. My SIL said they had an extended balcony. So does anyone have any answers for me? I was excited when my PVP said it was an extended balcony, but I think it's just a regular size. So what's the difference? Thanks for your answers in advance.

I have no idea if it is a good upgrade, (mainly becasue I don't buy the "upgrade thing") but in looking at the deck plan it looks like a good cabin so BE HAPPY!

Cabin 7279 does have an extended balcony. It is approximately a 50 sq ft balcony where the regular balconies are 35 sq ft. So, it will be about 10' wide and 5' deep. Plenty of room for 3 chairs.

I think it is a good upgrade myself.

Thanks for your reply irishgirl. Guess we moved up two floors from 7A (5th floor) to 7th floor. Is that right?

P.S. We have the same (real) name. How about that!

Thanks for your replies MrPete and zqvol. I'm glad we got an upgrade from an obstructed balcony to an 8G catagory. I've always booked a guarentee cabin (3 cruises) and have been happy with all three cabins. Any ideas for excursions for St. Martin, Martinque and Barbados? We have nothing planned at this point. Love this board. Everyone is so helpful. :D

You went from a obstructed view balcony to a cat 9A.

yes that is an awesome upgrade. Those elevators will not bother you at all. but are very convenient.

opps I thought ya meant 8235--sorry this is a cat 9a cabinwhich youhad in February 2004

You went from a obstructed view balcony to a cat 9A.

yes that is an awesome upgrade. Those elevators will not bother you at all. but are very convenient.

opps I thought ya meant 8235--sorry this is a cat 9a cabinwhich youhad in February 2004

Wish we did get the same room as in 2004. That's what I thought the PVP meant when he said 'extended balcony yesterday. What's the huge balconies called? I saw there's Standard and Extended balconies. Not the super huge balcony that we had in 2004. Oh well, I'm happy anyway.

And your're right, the elevators were no problem and very convenient.

Loved your bi-focal comment. Made me laugh. I know exactly what you mean. But I wear one contact for close up and nothing in the other eye. Works great for me, no glasses. Been wearing one contact for about 5 years and with the new ones, don't take it out for 30 days....well, sometimes I go 6 weeks. Dr wouldn't like that. LOL!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578778xGRsek

thats my extended balcony on the miracle--same class as the legend- I can only imagine how narrow the other balconies are.

I could never wear one contact-- i dont need them to read and find mself taking the glasses off to read.

When you are on St. Marteen, Orient Beach is an interesting place, if you don't mind nude people that have no business being nude. When we were there a number in our group did the America's Cup Yacht Racing. I don't know if it is a Carnival excursion or not but they really had a great time.

The first time we were there my DW and I went on the Orient BEach excursion. I must say that the beach itself is lovely, though I thought the waves were a bit rough close to shore. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas to rent. On our second trip we just went to the beach in Phillipsburg and then did a little shopping. Try the guavaberry liquor, it is in an interesting shop about four or five blocks to the right as you face the courthouse in the center of town. (That is toward the main cruise dock.)

We have yet to get to Marigot but understand that it is really very "French".

Have a great trip.

Archived