Carnival Conquest 12/11 Review (long)

princessdi01

Yes, you made it obvious you are from the south.

Perhaps that is the problem...

maybe next time you need to cruise with people from Maine, or Ohio, or North Dakota...

but you know what....

you wold probably find fault with them too..

Whether you are from Alaska or Louisiana...

I take offense at your degradation of all Southerners as redneck and ignorant...

the same way I would take offense at someone referring to

all African Americans as criminals...

Native Americans as alcoholics...

etc...

Such lumpings of people is offensive.

As I said...Ironically..I agree with a lot of your review.

I questioned and quality of the performances, and said

they were not "broadway style" but all Vegas...

I also am not a big fan of Todd...and found Jennifer

to be one of my favorite people...

I even started a thread on the Carnival Photographers...

But...I still loved my cruise and know that when you are on a ship with 3000 other people, not everything will be to your liking...

and that is why, even if all was not to my liking...

I still enjoyed my cruise...

and why you did not enjoy yours...

Oh my, you have to be kidding me right? Can you NOT SEE WHAT YOU JUST SAID????? "that is the problem.....lumpings are offensive." I appreciated your other comments, however, after such a contradiction...well...it doesn't matter. I posted this freaking review to prepare/help others. I don't know how or who started this entire character analysis of me, but this is not at all what I had intended. Apparently you folks spend a great deal of time on these boards and I am just in no position to spend this much time on this. Fact of the matter is that I was in no way trying to "lump" or "offend" anyone. It is exactly this behavior that actually makes all of us look pretty ignorant...all groups, all regions, etc. We just found this board before we went on this last cruise and were so excited to find a site where we could get/share ideas but this behavior and these postings have taken every bit of fun right out of it. After an 8 page review some of you have decided to harp on 5 words or less. How we got to the African American thing, I have no idea but I don't much appreciate it being linked to my reveiw, you guys are getting way off track. I was born and raised in Michigan and have been in the south for about 15 years. I have been referred to as everything from a Yankee to a Redneck and honestly have never even thought twice of any of it. I bid you all adeiu and we will find another site to chat on. I am sorry that you have let this turn into a character assassianation but I will have no further part of it.

Have fun. I think you are going to find some of the same people on the other lines too.

We got mooned in Coz while on the Miracle from the Grand Princess. I guess those people from Texas know how to have fun too. :D

To enjoy a cruise, on any line, an open mind & sense of humor go a long way. You even admitted that you went to dinner in a very bad mood. Maybe it was just you & your bad mood that ruined your trip. :rolleyes:

I was born and raised in Michigan and have been in the south for about 15 years.
I knew you weren't a Southerner like you claimed to be.
We thought about upgrading to one of their supposedly nicer ships, but have decided not to go on any Carnival ship again.
Thanks! That will make my choice easier!:D

Give me a ship full of Texas & Louisiana people any day compared to a ship full of snobs.
Darn near everyone I talked to was from Texas or Louisiana. We had a great time and enjoyed everyone we came in contact with. I did talk to one person from Michigan. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the OP. (Then again, maybe I'm one of the disgusting rednecks she's referring to.):rolleyes:

Darn near everyone I talked to was from Texas or Louisiana. We had a great time and enjoyed everyone we came in contact with.
Let me clarify this. Most were from TX and LA, but I did talk to others from other states and countries and they were all very nice also. Several of the ones from other areas remarked at how nice everyone was, specifically because of the abundance of Texans and other Southerners.

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise on the conquest and had exactly the same experience. The Point was really disspointing, service was just ok and you were lucky to get your chilled red wine, we had to beg the waiter to give us a wine list at all. The crowds were awful and the pursers are apparently always rude. Don't bother writing a letter to complain, apparently Carnival only reads customer critiques if they're possitive... I think the biggest part

of the problem is the number of people on the boat. We will never sail with more than about 1500 people ever again. We loved the Elation, but the Conquest is just too big.

Congratulations on your wedding!

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise on the conquest and had exactly the same experience. The Point was really disspointing, service was just ok and you were lucky to get your chilled red wine, we had to beg the waiter to give us a wine list at all. The crowds were awful and the pursers are apparently always rude. Don't bother writing a letter to complain, apparently Carnival only reads customer critiques if they're possitive... I think the biggest part

of the problem is the number of people on the boat. We will never sail with more than about 1500 people ever again. We loved the Elation, but the Conquest is just too big.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Thanks so much, your comments are very appreciated and well worth responding to. Glad to know it wasn't just us, but sorry yours was disappointing too. I definitely agree about the size of the ship. We were so taken in by the beauty that we didn't even think about the fact that the only way they could handle so many people is to make them a number. Hope you don't get slammed too, but if so, come join us "snobs." LoL

Darn near everyone I talked to was from Texas or Louisiana. We had a great time and enjoyed everyone we came in contact with. I did talk to one person from Michigan. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the OP. (Then again, maybe I'm one of the disgusting rednecks she's referring to.):rolleyes:

Could have been. But you added the disgusting part yourself. Amazing you people can even insult yourselves.

So sorry you were offended by the redneck categorization. Around here that is a group of people who are not ashamed of it. We are from the South and therefore have never offended anyone by using that term.

Oh please.

But you added the disgusting part yourself. Amazing you people can even insult yourselves.

At least have the guts to admit you are insulting Southerners instead of playing like you're one and claiming your nasty comments wouldn't be taken as an insult.

Oh please.

At least have the guts to admit you are insulting Southerners instead of playing like you're one and claiming your nasty comments wouldn't be taken as an insult.

The posts of the original poster ought to be deep sixed already. People that classify people in the way that some have done here ought to be ashamed of themselves

WE were also on this cruise and took advantage of the self assist. This was our 6th cruise (3rd with carnival) and was by far the easiest disembarkation we have ever done. We woke up at 6:45 and off the ship by 7:30, no problems or delays at all.

That is a major problem in this country, everyone wants to look the other way, people using FEMA/Salvation Army cards to pay for a vacation are stealing money from tax payers, and good hearted people that gave the money to help them recover from a disaster, not to go party like it's 1999. Personally I think people using these funds in this manner should be prosecuted as should the people taking them for vacations, plasma TV's and Lap Dances.

Oh man, way to go! I hear people talking about how bad these people have it and how they feel for them so much, but many of those people are not the ones here seeing it first hand. We had only moderate damage and therefore gave money we had and even some we didn't. This has been going on for a while and we are not the only ones that feel so taken advantage of when we see this behavior. Actually a woman said to her friend as we were loading up the car that she was going to have to go get more relief money as they had spent it all. There were plenty of people that were proud to tell you they were vacationing for free.

First of all, there WERE no Salvation Army Cards, and if there had been it didn't come from tax money. Second, FEMA gave $2000 to each and every person in the affected area after Katrina hit because there was no other way to get the money out quickly enough. Believe me, Katrina pretty much equalized 90% of the New Orleans population - people who had been making $500,000 per year were often in the same financial situation as people who worked minimum wage. We all gladly took the $2000, just as we all gladly stood in line for the emergency food stamp card. No one knew when they could go home, when/if they would get their next paycheck, or what they had left to return home to. If a FEW people used their FEMA money for lap dances or luxury items, shame on the media for focusing on that SMALL percentage of the population. And believe me, $2,000 goes fast when your entire family is in a motel for weeks on end waiting to be allowed to go back home - I doubt anyone had enough money left over to take a CRUISE with it...

Whoa. Hold up on him now. If you only got that much, then you are seriously playing by the rules. Lots of folks are getting a lot more money. All a matter of how well you know the system I suppose, but FEMA is picking up tabs left and right. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing as there are really deserving people in need, however, the man time is just not there to make sure that people are not screwing a well intentioned system. My husband is in the financial business and he is seeing an amazing amount of cash going into some people's pockets that are reallly abusing the system. But seriously, this is not a political website and this is getting way off topic. We talked to many people who were very much out with the info and they told us themselves so I can't imagine anyone would make that up!

As a Northerner who sailed Conquest last summer, I found the folks in New Orleans and aboard Conquest to be some of the nicest, friendliest people I've met. I'd sail with them again in a heartbeat!

Right, those out of NO are a completely different crowd. We have heard this from many, and now many +1 :) Thanks for your response.

Oh please.

After a dozen years I think I can probably say I am from the South as it's pretty obvious with the drawl. You must be very offended by Jeff Foxworthy...do you ream him similarly?

Archived