Upgrade received

sflanigan1110

Oh yeah, I am super excited. We just confirmed and paid for our upgrade for our Sunshine cruise on March 11th. Going from an ocean views on deck one to balcony rooms on deck eight.

Quick question for people that have had rooms next to each other. We only did this because they said we could request that the balcony divider be opened up between two of our rooms since we were going from adjoining rooms. They said we just had to request this when we check in. Does anyone know if there is a way to put this request in ahead of time?

Thanks in advance!!!

We had connecting balconies on the Vista last year. I don't recall being able to request it in advance. We asked our cabin steward to do it and he said we had to request it thru guest services. The line was a little long but by the time we got back to our cabin, it was open.

Note: Just because the cabins are next to each other doesn't mean there balconies are connecting.

We have always had to go to Guest Services to have ours opened. You didn't mention in your post if both cabins are in your name. If they aren't, one person from the other cabin will have to go with you to have it opened. They will check a list to see if it can be opened, then write it down on a list. Usually within a few hours, it will be opened.

We have always had to go to Guest Services to have ours opened. You didn't mention in your post if both cabins are in your name. If they aren't, one person from the other cabin will have to go with you to have it opened. They will check a list to see if it can be opened, then write it down on a list. Usually within a few hours, it will be opened.

Thanks for that bit of information. Our reservations are tied together since it's ones family, but my wife's name is the adult on one of the rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last year when we sailed on a different cruise line. We were told that safety regulations would not allow any of the balcony dividers to be opened. That did not stop my nephew from opening it (with the help of toe nail clippers) a few times while we enjoyed the balcony as a family.

That's weird that they wouldn't allow it. Carnival definitely allows it and our two cabins are compatible.

We were on the Magic in November and had 5 balcony cabins in a row on deck 11. We asked our steward the first time we saw him. He immediately grabbed his special wrench opened them all. We had a 5x wide balcony to share all week.

We were on the Magic in November and had 5 balcony cabins in a row on deck 11. We asked our steward the first time we saw him. He immediately grabbed his special wrench opened them all. We had a 5x wide balcony to share all week.

So how did they get out of their cabins when the divider would have blocked some of the cabin doors?