Christopher linton is the way to go

ssaleenie

We just disembarked from the Regal Princess. We were in Ocho Rios on January 17th. We (4 of us) wanted to see the island and didn't want to book with the cruise line. Chris couldn't have been more helpful. From beginning to end, we had a great experience. Chris responded promptly to my initial text and quickly and completely answered my MANY questions about what to do and where to go. The few days before we left, he sent an email confirming where and when we should meet him. He was waiting for us as we came out of the port and was extremely gracious. We were supposed to have a party of 6, but the 2 others with us opted out of an excursion. They're first time cruisers and were reticent to go with someone not affiliated with the cruise line. Boy, am I glad we did so. Nonetheless, while I'm sure he was disappointed in 2 less people, Chris didn't show it. Instead he was very glad we were there to see his island. His van was clean and comfortable and the AC was working well. Our day began by being the first ones to the Blue Hole. If you haven't experienced this place, make sure to put it on your bucket list. Chris made sure we were well taken care of and our guide, Riley, was quite simply amazing. Chris made sure we had somewhere to change and that we were happy with how our excursion went (more on that phenomenal experience in another post). After the Blue Hole, Chris took us to a picturesque site high up the mountains were we could take pictures and have a Red Stripe or soda. I believe it was called Oceans on the Ridge. We also got beef patties there which were absolutely mouth-watering. They had free wifi and the view over the city and port was breathtaking. There was also a DJ playing music. It was a great time. After spending some time there, we were ready for lunch and we went to the Ocho Rios Villiage Jerk Center for a fantastic lunch of jerk chicken, jerk pork and festival (and of course a few more Red Stripes). Throughout the trip, Chris was checking on our comfort and asking if we wanted to do more, less or whatever. He reminded us that this was our trip and he was our guide, so he would do as much, or as little, as we wanted. I would use him again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him for your guide in Ocho Rios. :cool:

• 2 months later...