San Juan Question

cruzeluver

Umm, they tend to arrive at the dock in the early morning, just as at most ports. They leave late from San Juan, because most passengers still tend to use cruise air, and the same-day flights arrive later from most parts of the US. Add to that the proximity of the first ports (such as St. Thomas which is only about 65 miles away) and it makes the logistics easier. Unless you are questioning cruise stops (not embark/debark), and then I have no idea, unless it is to allow passengers the opportunity to experience the local nightlife. Acapulco is a similar stop that arrives in the afternnon and stays until 2 am or so, in order to let passengers go to the clubs, etc.

Umm, they tend to arrive at the dock in the early morning, just as at most ports. They leave late from San Juan, because most passengers still tend to use cruise air, and the same-day flights arrive later from most parts of the US. Add to that the proximity of the first ports (such as St. Thomas which is only about 65 miles away) and it makes the logistics easier.
Ummm, I believe tat the OP was referring to port calls made to SJU that do not arrive until 5 pm, such as by the Triumph and Victory, which has absolutely nothing to do with the Destiny's schedule in SJU as a home port.

Uuuummm, yes. I was referring to ships that stop in San Juan as part of their itinerary, not ships that originate in San Juan.

Cannot figure out why some people sit poised, ready to jump down the throat of someone asking an innocent question.

I haven't figured that myself.

We got there once early on a Eastern itinerary out of Miami, but at 3 PM when we left out of NY. I never left the ship. It didn't help that it was raining as well, but they closed the retractable roof, so I got me some wave free pool swimming that afternoon, and a nice haircut.

Uuuummm, yes. I was referring to ships that stop in San Juan as part of their itinerary, not ships that originate in San Juan.

Cannot figure out why some people sit poised, ready to jump down the throat of someone asking an innocent question.

Very sorry if you took that "umm" as being ready to jump down your throat. Was certainly not meant that way and was simply intended as a verbal sort of head scratching in preparation for an attempt a some sort of reply. I was just trying to answer your question, which DID include a response for both ships that originate in San Juan as well as those that just stop there. But nobody appears to notice that part of the response... they just want to jump down my throat for saying ummm, well, sorry you did not like the answer. :confused:

Archived