any experience with moveover offer?

minniem

I received a similar offer yesterday for the 2/4/18 Regal.

Give up balcony for inside cabin.

Offer also said "cruise fare" would be converted to refundable OBC, but not clear how much of what I paid counts as "cruise fare".

I assume that means not port taxes and fees? What else?

I did not accept offer because other cabin in the family is already an inside, and we wanted some light.

Is my assumption above correct?

Thanks.

Lil

CONGRADULATIONS!!

By chance were you and the other couple set-up for a Tour with Patrick Watts on Feb 22? Going to Volunteer Point to see the Penguins? Just wondering since we and another couple are on the wait list. And waiting for 4 to cancel. We are the first 4 to be called next.

We also did a wonderful roll over last year. Ended up receiving two cruises. One was 28 days and the other 7. Everything was as we were told it would be. Enjoy!!

Thanks. We weren't booked with Patrick Watts but Princess would have opened up 4 spots on an early morning tour to Bluff Cove. We had done that excursion years ago and loved it - less jostling and you see lots of gentoos and a handful of kings. Volunteer Point is the favorite spot for kings, hence the popularity of that spot.

I received a similar offer yesterday for the 2/4/18 Regal.

Give up balcony for inside cabin.

Offer also said "cruise fare" would be converted to refundable OBC, but not clear how much of what I paid counts as "cruise fare".

I assume that means not port taxes and fees? What else?

I did not accept offer because other cabin in the family is already an inside, and we wanted some light.

Is my assumption above correct?

Thanks.

Lil

It would have been cruise fare + NCF. Taxes, insurance, and airfare (the latter two if booked through Princess) would not be part of the refundable OBC.

I did hear back from Princess about my question on taxes. They are "protected" so if the taxes are higher on the replacement cruise, Princess will "eat" the excess and won't charge us. If taxes are less for our new cruise, the difference between what we initially paid and the new taxes will be added as refundable OBC to our folio for the replacement cruise.

So to summarize the general details about moveover offers for the benefit of those who may get one in the future:

- The cruise fare (including NCF) paid for the cancelled cruise is added as refundable OBC to the folio of the replacement cruise.

- Taxes and insurance paid for the cancelled cruise will be rolled over to the new cruise and are 100% protected meaning that passengers are insulated from increased costs for these items on the replacement cruise. If the costs for these items are less for the replacement cruise than for the cancelled cruise, passengers will get the excess credited as refundable OBC on the folio of the new cruise.

- Air fare purchased through EZ Air is also 100% protected so passengers don't get charged more if the cost is higher for the replacement cruise and get reimbursed for the difference if the airfare is lower for the new cruise.

- Any remaining OBC at the end of the replacement cruise will be refunded via check (we were informed that it could take 8 - 12 weeks following the cruise to by reimbursed).