Circle C

beckiann1377

I have a rather mature 11 yr old son. We took our first family cruise last summer, and have another planned for this summer. He was miserable at Camp Carnival. Is there a chance they will allow him into the Circle C program (12-14 year old)? I am asking to see if anyone knows how strict their age guidelines are. Thanks!!

I believe some will say yes while others will say no and its more case by case...some will be willing to bend the rules others not...and it could also depend on # of kids for those respective programs for that particular cruise...you will probably just have to ask and cross your fingers....

I would think so. The counselors are more facilitators than supervisors or counselors. The only reason they may not is because 12 is the age break where they take them to lifeboats in an emergency. There might be a firm rule about that.

Actually, 12 is still required to have the wristband for life boats. Age 13 they don't need them.

Anyway, having had a kid in Circle C for 3 cruises in the past 2+ years, it will completely depend on the cruise. If there aren't a lot of kids, then it's possible. We've seen them say yes and say no. Our kid was always in the 12-14 age range, but the kids he met, and when we went to sign up on the first night is when we saw them make their decision. We cruised in November twice and they bent the rules. But there were maybe 20-30 kids there. On our summer Alaska cruise, it was packed! They wouldn't allow any kids to move up to Circle C, but they let 1 kid move up to Club O2, but mostly because he was traveling with a large school group and he was the only one not in that age range. He was close in age too.

I always say go on the first night and ask. But be ready if they say no.