Hawaii in April

spendalot

The weather is beautiful year round in Hawaii and April is an excellent time to go... the only problem with April is that sometimes it is very crowded with Spring Break students--and late in the month--the "Golden Week" in Japan sends thousands of overseas guest flocking to the islands as well. The cruise will be great however. Aloha.

Prince

Hi spend..................actually the best place to get loads of information is usually on the roll call pages for your cruise. To get an example of some of the things you could drop into ours which is Summit March 28 2006 sailings

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=65639&page=91

the above link is to the last page #91 of our roll call, just now the topic seems to be booking independent tours. You are welcome to browse around as I said, also you may want to check the port of call boards as well as getting involved in the roll call for your sailing, or even starting one yourself.

Good luck...........oh, feel free to e-mail me (link in my signature) if you have any specific questions, we are all set with our tours but there is so much info.

We went to Hawaii at the end of April-beginning of May and the weather was great. The cruise across the Pacific was chilly, but nothing a medium weight jacket couldn't cure. You won't be out on deck much, though.

The day before arriving at the islands it began to be truly pleasant, and was warm the rest of the time. No rain to speak of, and shorts all the time. One of the days on Oahu was downright oppresively hot and humid, the rest of the time it was comfortable.

If you go at this time, when few ships are left cruising to Hawaii, you will avoid crowds. The only day we were in port with another ship was in Honolulu, and that city is big enough to handle two ships at one time.

We missed seeing the whales, as they were already gone. I'll take that if it means the ports aren't mobbed with cruise ships! We had a great time, hope you do, too!

Right, other than the marketplace right at the pier, Honolulu would never feel the difference between 1 or 3 ships in port at once.

April is a great time in Honolulu --- as it is almost anywhere in the northern hemisphere. The Hawaii "ports of call board" is very good and very active. Check them out.

We sailed this year at the beginning of April in Hawaii on the Infinity. The weather was absolutely gorgeous but I would recommend that you pack with you rain ponchos primarily for Hilo on the Big Island. We did the Volcanos National Park tour and were we glad we did! Most of the people on our bs couldn't get off because they weren't prepared, but we were!

Definitely head over to the Ports of Call board. Spleen and SueBee are Hawaiian residents and a fountain of knowledge!

Enjoy!

Anita

Archived