January 2018 Sergio's Tours review

jawhoffman

What a great tour! These guys went above and beyond to accommodate me and I am so thankful for their kindness and professionalsim! I was originally scheduled to go on a tour with my husband and another couple from the cruise boat (not anyone we knew). When we got to the tour office my husband got very ill (apparently something he ate for breakfast) and had to go back to the boat. I stayed with our tour guide, Uva, to wait for the other couple so we could begin the tour. Well, they never showed up. I felt terrible about it and told Uva that I certainly wouldn't expect him to take me on a solo tour so I'd just go back to the boat too. "No", he said, "we'll take care of you" and that is exactly what they did! I joined 2 very friendly Canadian families on his very next tour. We visited some beautiful cenotes with an abundance of cool animals, a protected area to see flamingos feeding in the wild, Mayan salt flats (we were given pink salt to take home and the opportunity to buy an authentic Mayan tamale for 1USD which was delicious!) and then some nearby Mayan ruins. We were actually able to climb to the top of the tallest ruin and Uva took our picture there! When the rest of the group was dropped of at a beach resort for their final stop, Uva contacted a drive to take me back to my boat. Thank you Carlos for getting me back to me boat in plenty of time. Thank you Uva for a wonderful tour! Please contact these folks for a tour when you're in Progreso...you will NOT regret it.