San Juan Time Zone

Get your fat pants on

I was looking for some help. Our cruise ship will be arriving in San Juan on April 24th at 1 pm. Most of the tours I have been exploring have much earlier time slots. I don't usually use the cruise line to book excursion because I'm cheap and like to see the money go into the hands of the people that really need it. Anyways I was wondering if there is a time difference? We will be leaving from Florida. Thank you!!

I believe that in April, the time in Puerto Rico will be the same as ship's time. Puerto Rico does not change their clocks for Daylight Savings Time. We just returned from a cruise that stopped in San Juan and the time on land was 1 hour later than ship's time (Florida time), but in April the times should be the same. Also, if you are looking for a tour, I would highly recommend Carlos at Charlie's Custom Tours (Charlie is the name of the luxury tour van that Carlos owns). We did a walking/driving tour with him while we were in port and Carlos was very friendly and informative - we had a great time. He will customize the tour to show you whatever you want to see. He also takes pictures during your tour and emails them to you afterwards.

Many cruises that port in Old San Juan arrive early and leave in the afternoon. That's probably why you're seeing early excursion times. Perhaps the ships that dock in the afternoon and leave well after dark are less common.