We got our passports today!

ashlyndalesmommy

We just sent off for them on November 29th, so I feel like this was really fast with the holiday mail slowing things down. My dd is just thrilled. :D When we got home, I couldn't find them (already)! She had them "safe" in her room. (she's 5) I had to tell her that Mommy will keep them safe until we are going on the cruise. She was so proud of her picture and little book. I'm sure I'll have to get her a pink passport cover, too.:rolleyes: One more thing under our belt making this first cruise seem more real!:)

wow that was quick! How much are they now? Are they cheaper for the little ones? I have to get some finally and was just curious. THanks happy crusing

We paid $291 for ours. That's two adults and 1 child. And doesn't include the price of picture.

When we got ours (17 day turnaround) my DS was WRONG! They had his birthplace as California. You have to send your original b/c with the documents so I have no idea where they got California because his B/C has Amarillo TX all over it! We had to resend it with his original B/C again so they could correct their error. That was the first of November. Then we get another letter saying we also had to resend passport picture too. That was November 21st. So, I had his picture retaken and sent them the picture November 28th...haven't seen or heard from them since.

Gosh, I'm glad we had no trouble with ours.:eek: I was a little sad to have to send my dd's original b/c with the application, but to my JOY it was in the envelope with the passports! They actually sent both b/c's back! I figured they would be in some file somewhere with our names on them. I guess they got scanned into a computer. I hope you get yours soon.

I'm hoping to get DS's back soon! We leave in 46 days! I'm just glad we did it early. We got all the B/C's back, now we'll see when we get DS's back AGAIN! I tried calling but got the "We're busy...click"

No, they do not charge for the problems. But I did have to pay for another passport picture. And on the application for the change it said nothing about having to send another passport picture with it. We'll be on our ship in February, so when I get back I'll let you know if it's any easier.

We had actually thought about just leaving it with the mistake, but the DS looked at it and said "CALIFORNIA, I wasn't born in CALIFORNIA!" So, that put an end to the thought of leaving it! BTW he's 7, and this will be his third cruise also!

Well that stinks, did they charge you extra for their mistake?? I sure hope not.

thanks for the link, I have until November but never to early to get the info.

Does having a passports really make it easier/quicker

A real short answer is YES. You can leave everything else home if you have one.

I'm hoping to get DS's back soon! We leave in 46 days! I'm just glad we did it early. We got all the B/C's back, now we'll see when we get DS's back AGAIN! I tried calling but got the "We're busy...click"

No, they do not charge for the problems. But I did have to pay for another passport picture. And on the application for the change it said nothing about having to send another passport picture with it. We'll be on our ship in February, so when I get back I'll let you know if it's any easier.

We had actually thought about just leaving it with the mistake, but the DS looked at it and said "CALIFORNIA, I wasn't born in CALIFORNIA!" So, that put an end to the thought of leaving it! BTW he's 7, and this will be his third cruise also!

too bad we arent going together. My son is 7 and he is scheduled for cruise number 3! Ahh if I had it so good, I went to a Cubs vs cards game when I was 16 and thought that was cool:rolleyes:

too bad we arent going together. My son is 7 and he is scheduled for cruise number 3! Ahh if I had it so good, I went to a Cubs vs cards game when I was 16 and thought that was cool:rolleyes:

Yes, it is too bad we can't cruise together! Maybe in the future! I have to do this 'free' thing first! :D

Archived