refund of on-board credit?

calteacher

We have quite a bit of on-board credit and are hoping to use it to pay for the Thermal Suite pass for the entire trip. My concern is there are only a set number of passes available. We are not in a suite, nor are we 4 or 5 star passengers so will not be able to board the ship early. I know we could purchase the passes before leaving, but we would have our credit card charged immediately. If we are unable to get passes once onboard, we will have quite a bit of credit which we will not use. What are the chances we could receive a refund. Some of the credit is from Carnival stock, some from our TA, and some from booking the cruise while aboard another cruise. Any info?

We have quite a bit of on-board credit and are hoping to use it to pay for the Thermal Suite pass for the entire trip. My concern is there are only a set number of passes available. We are not in a suite, nor are we 4 or 5 star passengers so will not be able to board the ship early. I know we could purchase the passes before leaving, but we would have our credit card charged immediately. If we are unable to get passes once onboard, we will have quite a bit of credit which we will not use. What are the chances we could receive a refund. Some of the credit is from Carnival stock, some from our TA, and some from booking the cruise while aboard another cruise. Any info?

In my experience, they seldom sell out the thermal spa packages, at least not early in the first day (so go as soon as you board, whenever that is). If you do end up with extra OBC I would check with the front desk and see if any of it is refundable to you if you do not use it (I am certain the stockholder credit is not). HAL is supposed to use up your non-refundable OBC first and they are pretty good at doing so.

Are you aware that the daily hotel service charge is applied to OBC? This can amount to quite a bit on longer cruises.