Questions about tours?

Watermanfunari

Hi, I just wanted to ask some of you that have been on the tours a few questions. We go to Costa Rica in Feb 06.

We will be getting off the ship and getting a cab. Just the two of us.

We only want to do a few things and then go back to the ship, we do not want a full day excursion.

The things we will be doing are:

Banana Plantaion

Overlook for pictures

Grocery Store for Coffee

Might just do the Beach for an hour or so also.

Do you think all of this, with driving time, woud be more then 4 or 5 hours?

I also want to know if any of the places have bathrooms?

I don't think I could hold it in that long, lol

Is the overlook for picture taking, a resturant?

Does the beach have chairs? or do you just stay in the water the whole time and enjoy the water for a short time? Does it have and drinks or food? Bathrooms? Is it safe. (I will wear my water wallet thing with all my money into the water with me), but some of my stuff will be left on the beach, close to us while in the water. What are your thoughts on this?

How much was the coffee? I will bring home some for me and the In-Laws. Do you need exact change? US money Okay?

So any thing you can think of to tell me about the tours just let me know.

Thank You, I really appreciate it.

Sue

Watermanfunari@aol.com

Hi, I just wanted to ask some of you that have been on the tours a few questions. We go to Costa Rica in Feb 06.

We will be getting off the ship and getting a cab. Just the two of us.

We only want to do a few things and then go back to the ship, we do not want a full day excursion.

The things we will be doing are:

Banana Plantaion

Overlook for pictures

Grocery Store for Coffee

Might just do the Beach for an hour or so also.

Do you think all of this, with driving time, woud be more then 4 or 5 hours?

I also want to know if any of the places have bathrooms?

I don't think I could hold it in that long, lol

Is the overlook for picture taking, a resturant?

Does the beach have chairs? or do you just stay in the water the whole time and enjoy the water for a short time? Does it have and drinks or food? Bathrooms? Is it safe. (I will wear my water wallet thing with all my money into the water with me), but some of my stuff will be left on the beach, close to us while in the water. What are your thoughts on this?

How much was the coffee? I will bring home some for me and the In-Laws. Do you need exact change? US money Okay?

So any thing you can think of to tell me about the tours just let me know.

Thank You, I really appreciate it.

Sue

Watermanfunari@aol.com

Sue,

You shouldn't have any problems doing those things in that amount of time. Not sure is there was a bathroom at the banana plantation, but at the overlook there will be, there is restaurant there. Yes, this is where you can take pictures of the ships in port. We did not eat there, our tour guide took us to a place at the beach. I think it may have been the seaside cafe. Good food, great prices, awesome setting. Nice beach there with big waves. We didn't do the beach, so can't help you there.

We bought coffee at the grocery store. The brand our guide recommended was 1820. It was about $1.50 per 1/2 pound. It's pretty good, not bitter. The registers convert to US, but any change was Costa Rican. Just have lots of singles. They round off to the dollar. We also saw some great crafts in the marketplace at the pier. I wish I had bought more stuff there. I thought there were a lot of unique things. Check out the jewelry made with telephone wire. Very different. Any other questions, just ask. Costa Rica was my favorite port this cruise.

Thanks so much Donna for the information.

1 month to go and getting very excited.

Last time we were in Coats Rica, we were docked, but bad weather, and we broke some ropes that were on the pier, so we had to leave the port right away, and no one was able to get off the ship that day.

1st time we went 3 years ago, we just walked to the pier market and went back on the ship.

So this time we will venture out, and we are so looking forward to it.

Thanks again

Sue

Archived