Best snorkeling by golf cart?

Builder31

We’re planning to rent golf carts for the day in Bonaire because we’d like to see the salt flats, etc. However we also would like to do some snorkeling. Any suggestions on good snorkeling areas accessible via golf cart? Are there any places that rent snorkel gear? We can bring our own if we have to but prefer not to tote it. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re planning to rent golf carts for the day in Bonaire because we’d like to see the salt flats, etc. However we also would like to do some snorkeling. Any suggestions on good snorkeling areas accessible via golf cart? Are there any places that rent snorkel gear? We can bring our own if we have to but prefer not to tote it. Thx.

Are you renting the carts from 'Bonaire Cruisers'? If so, they will give you some options for the best snorkelling sites. You can also get to the salt flats and see other parts of the island by cart. We had a group of 5, so opted for the guided 'Off Road' tour with the same company. BEST decision ever....we had a blast, saw the entire island, went to areas you can't get to by car or cart, lunch, drinks & snacks all provided. The 6 hours went by too quickly. Snorkelling gear was included with this tour, but our group chose to pass on the snorkelling due to the poor weather. And yes, we returned quite wet and dirty...and loved it. Doing the same tour next January. The self guided golf cart tours are very popular, but the guided off road tour is an absolute 'must do'.

Are you renting the carts from 'Bonaire Cruisers'? If so, they will give you some options for the best snorkelling sites. You can also get to the salt flats and see other parts of the island by cart. We had a group of 5, so opted for the guided 'Off Road' tour with the same company. BEST decision ever....we had a blast, saw the entire island, went to areas you can't get to by car or cart, lunch, drinks & snacks all provided. The 6 hours went by too quickly. Snorkelling gear was included with this tour, but our group chose to pass on the snorkelling due to the poor weather. And yes, we returned quite wet and dirty...and loved it. Doing the same tour next January. The self guided golf cart tours are very popular, but the guided off road tour is an absolute 'must do'.

Hi, do you have any recollection as to how much was for the "off road tour". I'm seriously considering this with my family. We're also 5.

Hi, do you have any recollection as to how much was for the "off road tour". I'm seriously considering this with my family. We're also 5.

I believe we paid $100 per person, they accept credit cards (except for American Express) or cash. If you do it, be prepared to get dirty/wet, personally the more mud puddles we found the better it was. But seriously, of all the excursions we did on our 14 night cruise, this one stands out as the best. Our guide, Lee was amazing. The meeting location is very easy to find, the carts are very clean (at the beginning...lol), lots of water, pop, juices, snacks and lunch provided. I believe they only have a few off-road jeeps, so it might be best to book early. If you do it, enjoy and aim for every mud puddle you see!

1000 steps North of the port was great. There is a basket on the back of the cart that will hold your gear. You can also snorkel by the salt piles on Pink Beach. there are many, many places to snorkel but watch your feet as some will have urchins. Look for the sandy entries.