Three RCCL ships in Cozumel on the same day!

I've been checking cruisecal.com and they have 6 ships listed to arrive in Cozumel on Thursday, December 29th. Four of the listed ships are RCCL. I've looked on the RCCL site and have found that only one of the ships is not scheduled to be there, but the other three are. Can Cozumel handle 5 ships on the same day with the current conditions? AND can RCCL handle the tendering process for 3 different ships on the same day? I would love to hear from anyone who cruised last week as Cruisecal.com shows that 3 Royal Caribbean ships were in last Thursday. Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to share!:D We are sailing Monday on the Grandeur of the Seas!

~Debbi

We were in Coz last Thursday aboard Rhapsody, also in port was Jewel and Radiance, Carnival Conquest, and another ship too I believe, don't remember if it was an NCL or HA The tendering process was easy & quick, we were tendered on really nice ferry type boats with comfy padded seats. Carnival was using some very high tech looking Ferry type boats too. We were tendered downtown, Jewel & Radiance were at the International pier locations I believe. We were on a snorkel trip to Palancar and were supposed to stop at the other pier to pick up passengers, but they were not there (the weather was a little rainy and overcast).

We were on the Jewel last Thursday and had an easy time tendering too. It does take time to get that many people off the ship - and people on ship excursions are ferried off first. But the ferry boats were big - handling as many as 300 passengers at once. Once your on the Island, everyone seems to scatter and disappear - doesn't feel crowded (or didn't to us, anyway). Would recommend an excursion (snorkel trip or something) as the beaches in Cozumel have been decimated by the hurricanes.

I was on the Radiance in Cozumel last week....I guess it was Friday? Tendering was easy in and out (well, except that you will have to hold back tears as you tender in to total devastation).

I can't remember how many ships were in that day, but we were down much further than the Carnival ship. It was only a $2 pp cab ride to the shopping area which has been rebuilt nicely. Believe me, we paid it gladly and doubled it in a tip. Those poor poor people. From the ship you can actually see right through what used to be hotels...and the pier, you won't believe what you see.

Go there and spend lots of money! You'll want to once you see it.

Tracy

Archived