Norwegian Escape 3/17 to 3/24

NewbieCruiser67

First post was in wrong place...thanks EM for assisting me to the right area...

Well we are looking to do our first cruise next month...I will be booking a balcony cabin as I want the views and ability to have the fresh air. How is the Escape? Looking at a cabin on the stbd side and 13th deck midship, is that good? My parents cruised on her last year and had a blast. We still have not bought the package as of yet but was curious on the 2 free at sea deals we want. Looking at the ultimate drink and specialty dining. Questions on both are: the drink package is a no brainer and the only question is the additional fees associated with it. I know it is a cost but if I stick to only the items and not go over, what additional fees are charged to me at the end?is there a limit on the number of drinks you can have in a day? For the ultimate dining package, I see that those that have it are already making reservations ahead of time. If I select this package late, will I be able to get into those dining places or do they fill up? I don’t want to waste it if I won’t be able to use it...kinda nervous but hey we live in Miami so why not partake in the fun...

Thanks,

G&M

For the drink package, you will be charged 20% of the cost of the package for tips to the bartenders. This allows you to not have to tip for every drink. As long as you don’t order a drink that is more than $15, you will be charged nothing else the entire trip.

EDIT: Sorry, posted a little to fast. If you order a drink before leaving port of Miami you will be charged sales tax on any drink you order.

Also, the 20% service charge will be part of your cruise fare, so it will be an upfront charge that is paid along with port taxes and fees, etc. You will not be charged at the end of the cruise.

You pay the 20% tip when you pay for the cruise, there will be no other charges at the end unless as Ironworker808 said you get a drink that is over $15.00. Then you only pay the difference in the cost......drink=$17.00 you will be charged $2.00 plus $.40 tip that you will pay at the end.

Hope this makes sense.

You pay the 20% tip when you pay for the cruise, there will be no other charges at the end unless as Ironworker808 said you get a drink that is over $15.00. Then you only pay the difference in the cost......drink=$17.00 you will be charged $2.00 plus $.40 tip that you will pay at the end.

Hope this makes sense.

Forgot about the tip also being added. Thanks for the correction.

By the way, congrats on your city’s Super Bowl!

Awesome thanks for all the input...I don’t mind the upfront cost at all and also the 20% tip because I hear they are really fun bartenders...any idea on the ultimate dining package question? Is it too late to use it since the reservations for the places has been open for over a month now...

Awesome thanks for all the input...I don’t mind the upfront cost at all and also the 20% tip because I hear they are really fun bartenders...any idea on the ultimate dining package question? Is it too late to use it since the reservations for the places has been open for over a month now...

They keep reservations held back for once your on the ship, so even if it shows full online, you should be able to get one once on board.

I’ve never cruised on the Escape, so someone else should be able to tell you how quickly it fills up much better than I could.

You can try and see what is available online but they normally fill up fast. Best thing is to have what you want in mind and as soon as you get on got to one of the reservation screens and make them. The screens are by the elevators. the other option in to load Iconcierge on your phone and after you check in get close to a window in the terminal you should be able to pick up the ships wifi login(no charge for this) and make reservations then. Depending on when you get to the port it may be something to keep you busy while waiting to board.

Ok perfect thank you so much for the info...when the package is purchased will I be able to access the different things happening on the ship or can that be done now? Also is it like flying that you can only check in 24 hours prior?

You can complete online check-in right now, and it's highly recommended. You'll need your passport/ID document numbers handy when you do, but once it's complete you can print your eDocs and luggage tags any time before you arrive.

I'm actually on this sailing, so be sure to introduce yourself over on our Roll Call too!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516657

Hey everyone...question on the ultimate dining package...if I see a dining place is listed with a cost, does that count for the UDP? I don’t want to schedule at a place and be charged extra for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my research, I think the ones with a price list is also included in the UDP .

My husband and I always book the ultimate beverage package along with the specialty restaurants. When we went on this boat in May 2016 we really wanted to go to Cagney's and it was completely booked online through myncl.com. Luckily NCL does hold spots for people that don't book online. Go straight to Headliners (that's where we were instructed to go) to book any restaurants you weren't able to book online and as long as you do it the first day, you should be able to get a spot. I highly recommend booking all of your shows the first day as they book up quickly. Norwegian Escape actually has TV's that you just enter your key card and you're able to book everything from there, just not sure about restaurants. Hopefully someone can clarify. I hope this helps. You're going to love this boat! :)