Consol Tours - St. Lucia, Jan. 28

sloperate

This was the result of the Gem's island rescheduling after the deadly hurricanes. I must confess at the outset that I am generally not a large fan of island tours, but with friends, decided on this one. I'd been to St. Lucia before, but not off a cruise, so it seemed a possible good choice.

Have to say I'm still not a fan of island tours after experiencing this one. Turns out we were one of three or four filled vans circling the island, one after the other, up and down hills and valleys with short stops at some of the potential attractions....banana farm, waterfall, etc., etc. Almost forgot the active volcano site which was kind of interesting to see. Each stop involved the obviously planned opportunity for some purchase of some local item, which frankly does get a little annoying.

Cost was $75.00pp. Involved two stops during the tour at a site the tour operators owned for some lunch/breakfast items and later some snacks. For me, not the answer. Driver was nice, van was very nice, but I think I could have taken a cab to the volcano site, skipped the rest of the tour and eats and gone to a local beach............perhaps, again, by cab.

The link for anyone interested: http://www.cosol-tours.com/tours.html

We did the Cosol St. Lucia Tour at the end of 2016 and really enjoyed it. It was island #7 out of 8 for us, and it was a really nice relaxing treat to just let someone else plan and execute the whole day for us, including some good food and a good overview of the island. We enjoyed getting to know the various people on our bus too.

It could be that island tours just aren't your thing. I tend not to enjoy the research/planning portion of vacations, so they're perfect for me :)