cruise bar cash & Cheers together?!?!

LynnB

A young couple we know made a stupid mistake. I am thinking they are out of luck but thought I’d ask for advice here.

They are just kids, newly married, and took their first cruise with us last August on The Pride. They wanted to prepay as much as they could. They prepurchased all their excursions, plus bought Cheers and $500 Cruise Cash on line. Unfortunately they selected Cruise Bar Cash not regular Cruise Cash. They didn’t realize what they had done til they were onboard.

They went to guest services who said they would forward to the proper dept to see what if anything could be done. They left it at that, nothing was resolved on board and they never followed up with Carnival when they got home. So, they are out the $500.

Do you think it’s worth them calling at this point? I know cruise cash is non refundable but you really can’t spend it when you have Cheers.

Thanks

Not sure what can be done now but I would keep trying. They could have canceled it for a refund pre cruise. But being it’s been this long and they haven’t followed up, I don’t know if they can or would be willing to help them.

Since the cruisers don’t seem too concerned, they may have made a costly (to me) mistake.

No, but if you ever do that again, use the bar cash to buy a whole bunch of 25% off bottles of wine and have a hell of a party in the dining room on the last night.

Yeah or buy your new best friends $500 worth of drinks! Suppose you could get a bunch of buckets of beer and sell them for a couple bucks each :)