Xpedition dining

beechwood

I am in the process of booking a Galapagos cruise next June on the Xpedition. My travel agent has been advised by Celebrity in the UK that only the early dining sitting (6.15pm) remains but I was under the impression that there was only one sitting on this cruise.

I'd be grateful if someone could clarify this - from the daily tour schedule shown on the Celebrity website it appears that most afternoon tours are not back until 6.30 so I cannot understand how dinner can be scheduled at 6.15.

Many thanks

Your TA doesn't know what they are talking about. The Xpediton dining room is one seating open tables for 4 or 6. Dinner is after the 7:45pm briefing, around 8:00pm. 3 nights we had dinner out on deck-they just set the tables, brought the menus, and served like it was the dining room. On those nights the dining room was closed. Lunch is a buffet either in the dining room or on deck. Breakfast iss buffet in the dining room but they will fix your eggs poached or soft boiled from the kitchen iff you ask. I guess you couldd eat dinner earlier if you wanted to but no one did-you won't even be back onboard from the afternoon activity until 6:00-6:30. Don't worry-you'll be fed.

There were people who skipped the briefing and went to the dining room early, then they watched a repeat of the briefing on their cabin TV. If you're hungry, you'll get fed--there's room service, or so I saw trays outside cabin doors.

Really nice chef/maitre'd.

Actually, you can eat dinner as early as 7:00 pm in the Dining Room on the Xpedition. There is only one seating. The dining room has enough room to serve everyone at the same time. Most people go to the CD's briefing at 7:45 pm and then head to dinner. But, you don't have to. They will replay the briefing on one of the channels on TV in the evening (although I had to ask Jason to make sure it was cue'ed up). Celebrity in the UK doesn't know what they're talking about.

Note: We had dinner on deck 3 nites out of 7. I don't remember the times, but they were always well after getting back from the "afternoon" excursion. I think they were always after the CD's briefing as well, which means 8 pm.

Dave

:) :) :)

Archived