Clearing customs in Vancouver

sharpsrus

We arrive Vancouver on 6 May from Sydney. We are scheduled to take the quick bus from the terminal to Bellingham airport at 10AM, how long to clear customs etc? The people at quick bus said we should plan on disembarking at 0800, to give us sufficient time. Will be two other ships arriving the same day. Not sure that will impact time to clear customs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We arrive Vancouver on 6 May from Sydney. We are scheduled to take the quick bus from the terminal to Bellingham airport at 10AM, how long to clear customs etc? The people at quick bus said we should plan on disembarking at 0800, to give us sufficient time. Will be two other ships arriving the same day. Not sure that will impact time to clear customs.

Disembarking at 8 am should give you enough time if you are catching the Quick Shuttle from outside Canada Place Pier, but it would be best if you could arrange self-disembarkation (i.e. carry off all your luggage) as sometimes it can take time for all the bags to get sorted in the luggage hall. And actually I just checked the terminal schedule and there are three ships HAL ships in that day all arriving at 7 am so it will be very crowded so you should definitely go the self-disembark route.

Also be aware that you will have to go through immigration and customs again at the border crossing. All passenger and all their belongings have to get off the bus for inspection and then you get back on again. This can be quick or slow depending on how busy the border crossing is and on the nationalities of the bus passengers as some get more close inspection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What time does your flight from Bellingham leave? We have disembarked in Vancouver and taken Quick Shuttle to SEA several times often with multiple ships in port. Clearing customs in the terminal has always been quick. As previously noted, the crap shoot comes at the border.

Edited by Bookited
mis spelling

No flight our daughter is driving up from Whidbey Island (75 minute drive). So no concerns there, to give us time went ahead and booked the 1045 bus which arrives Bellingham at 1340. Thanks for the info a great help.

No flight our daughter is driving up from Whidbey Island (75 minute drive). So no concerns there, to give us time went ahead and booked the 1045 bus which arrives Bellingham at 1340. Thanks for the info a great help.

Hope to meet you on board as we are on the same cruise. I did not see you on the roll call or meet and greet. We are also doing the new Zealand segment.