Bahamaas weather and swimming

ret47

I was in the Bahamas in early Dec and it was cold - but not that bad... I am from California and the water here is always 70 at the warmest in our beaches - so this was about that. I was too cold to swim, but my dh had no problem swimming. I would say about 70 degrees.

We went snorkeling on our Nov. 2004 cruise. It was brisk (aka a little cold). It took me about 5 minutes to get used to it after I jumped in off the snorkel boat but once I was used to it, I was fine. I knew it wasn't going to be like jumping into a warm bath when our I noticed our guide wearing a shorty wet suit. Next time, I'll be better prepared.

We went snorkeling on our Nov. 2004 cruise. It was brisk (aka a little cold). It took me about 5 minutes to get used to it after I jumped in off the snorkel boat but once I was used to it, I was fine. I knew it wasn't going to be like jumping into a warm bath when our I noticed our guide wearing a shorty wet suit. Next time, I'll be better prepared.

We've been at Atlantis there several times, in Jan. & end of March - it was warmer in Jan., but that's because it was really windy in March - too chilly for pool or ocean swimming for the whole week. But employees told us that it's rarely that cool for so long.

Archived