Starfish point or Turtle farm

garfield_zh

Hi,

We would like to take a tour to visit Stingray city and one more place, either starfish point or turtle farm. Any advice on which one to choose? Our ship will be there 7am-4pm. We have two kids, ages 6, 11.

Also, the ship is sold out for both excursions. Would you recommend any local tours? I tried to contact Native Way, but haven't heard back.

Here is what we decided to do. We are using Acquarius tours, they go to Stingray, snorkel spot and Starfish. It kind of sealed the deal when my daughter said she wasn't interested in the turtles. And we really wanted to spend time in the gorgeous water.

Thank you so much!

Our kids said that they are happy with both, which did not help narrowing down the choices.:D Acquarius tours emailed me that they are sold out on that date. :loudcry:, so I am still at square one.

Here is what we decided to do. We are using Acquarius tours, they go to Stingray, snorkel spot and Starfish. It kind of sealed the deal when my daughter said she wasn't interested in the turtles. And we really wanted to spend time in the gorgeous water.

One word of warning (for lack of a better term). Starfish Point, while quite beautiful and pretty neat, is not the most exciting attraction on the Island. They're starfish. They don't do much. Not like the sting rays or the turtles. They...well...just lie there.

You know your kids best. I know it can be hit or miss on things like this. When mine were around that age, I had one that would have been wanting out of there in about 2 minutes ("yep, starfish. Neat. What's next?) and another that would have just hung out there all day looking.

It was my wife's favorite part of our trip (which included snorkeling and Rum Point). We had rented a car and so we came at it from the land side. It was pretty neat just wading out and finding starfish.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to agree with Pops. Starfish Point is a great place to spend an hour, the starfish do nothing. We did this one day visiting the caves, starfish point and Rum Point. We weren't that impressed with Rum Point. We really enjoyed the turtle farm. You can visit with the turtles, snorkel and swim. Food there is really good. Its a great way to spend a long afternoon.