Canopy Tour and Time for Beach?

Marble1214

You might consider booking a tour with with Victor as he will take you to the Jungle Canopy tour (takes about an hour) and then to a beach if you like. www.boddentours.com We just did this tour and Victor is very nice and the price was right. He gave us a whole tour of the island and then took us to the beach where you could snorkel and grab a bite to eat. Just make sure you let him know what you want to do before you go.

Amanda

• 2 weeks later...

My family group had a great time courtesy of Victor and Kem of Bodden Tours. Kem drove us in a nice a/c van and got us to the canopy tour first thing, so we didn't have a wait. We heard that later the wait was two hours by the time the ship's tours reached the site. After the canopy tour, we went to West End Beach and had a great lunch on the beach.

Warning about the canopy tour: it is MUCH more vigorous than I anticipated. It is not just sliding down a metal cable. First of all, it is incredibly hot and humid in the canopy, I almost fainted from the heat. Sweat pours off while you're doing this, so make sure you are well hydrated before you start. ALso there are several swinging wooden bridges that I found very difficult to navigate, and a metal cable bridge and an 8 ft. climbing wall. The wood is slick from all the moisture so wear shoes with the best possible grip. (Altho they just taped on the sandals of most of our group.) Once you begin the process there is no way you can turn back. The young people in our group really loved it, but I wouldn't try it again. BTW, there is no weight limit, if you fit in the harness you can do the tour.

My friends and I will be in Roatan from 11:00am to 6:00pm and we want to do the canopy tour but also want time on the beach to relax and possibly snorkel. Do you think we'll have time to do both?

We did the zip lines, went to fantasy island, did the iguana tour, had lunch, and then snorkled and lazed around on the beach. We even had time for shopping afterwards, so yes, you'd have enough time as long as you went there first, and you will have more time if you book an independent tour than if you're trying to get around with a bunch of people through the cruise ship.

I highly recommend Juan Carlos. http://www.islandertours.com

Archived