Is Uber a viable option from the port?

cruisebarbie

We drove there pre hurricane and it was really easy due to researching on this board and others where to park etc. Post hurricane I'm not sure but if you can rent a car I'd do that rather then uber because of cell phone wifi signals possibly creating a problem with scheduling on way back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

As of last year, Uber drivers were not permitted to drive to the rainforest. Taxi would probably be the best choice as there are still some who give the Uber drivers a hard time. I personally don’t want to deal with any harassment just to save a few dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rainforest will take a long time to mend post hurricane. Right now you can see less than 5% of what you normally would. Uber is not authorized for tours such as these. They would just drop you off nearby and then you would have to fend off by yourself in a very isolated area. Why would anyone hail Uber for a tour?

The rainforest will take a long time to mend post hurricane. Right now you can see less than 5% of what you normally would. Uber is not authorized for tours such as these. They would just drop you off nearby and then you would have to fend off by yourself in a very isolated area. Why would anyone hail Uber for a tour?

We are wanting to book the ATV tour and they don't have the option to pick up at the port so I am trying to figure out the best way to get there.

We are wanting to book the ATV tour and they don't have the option to pick up at the port so I am trying to figure out the best way to get there.
If I were you I would contact company, explain dilemma and ask what they suggest. If they want the business they may suggest a driver. I hate when tour companies do that. Good luck. Btw. I'd still rent a car though.

If I were you I would contact company, explain dilemma and ask what they suggest. If they want the business they may suggest a driver. I hate when tour companies do that. Good luck. Btw. I'd still rent a car though.

It looks like there may be an option to arrange transportation from a hotel. I may see if they can get us from the nearest hotel. I am interested in car rental to make it easier. Are there car rental places near the port?

• 2 months later...