NCL Sun Eastern Caribean - tenders or dock?

We will be sailing to the Dominican Republic, Tortola, St. Thomas, and NCL's private island. We know we dock in St. Thomas, don't remember about Tortola (it's been 10 years since we've been there), how about Dominican Republic or private island? Just curious. Thanks a lot!

I just checked NCLs site for the 1/21 Sun Eastern Caribean cruise Itinerary

Info and it shows you will be anchoring/tendering at all of the ports.

To check for your cruise date go to ncl.com voyages and pricing as if you were researching/booking a cruise it shows the itinearys for the date you choose.

:)

Looks like tender in every port including St Thomas as posted by immargaret

Sat DEPART MIAMI, US 5:00 PM

Sun CRUISE 12:00 AM

Mon ARRIVE-ANCHOR CAYO LEVANTADO, DOM. REP., DO 8:00 AM

Mon DEPART CAYO LEVANTADO, DOM. REP., DO 5:00 PM

Tue ARRIVE-ANCHOR TORTOLA, VG 8:00 AM

Tue DEPART TORTOLA, VG 4:00 PM

Wed ARRIVE-ANCHOR ST.THOMAS, US 8:00 AM

Wed DEPART ST.THOMAS, US 5:00 PM

Thu CRUISE 12:00 AM

Fri ARRIVE-ANCHOR GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BS 11:00 AM

Fri DEPART GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BS 6:00 PM

Sat ARRIVE-DOCK MIAMI, US 7:00 AM

Yep - looks like tenders all the way. Possibly the Sun was one of the last ships to be "signed up" for the EC Itinerary ports, due to the move from New Orleans to Houston to Miami. I'm guessing (and only guessing) that all Pier space was already taken (??) ..................Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and there will be pier space after all. It happened in Roatan and made for a nice surprise !!

NCL's posted tender itinerary for the Sun kind of shocks me, especially in St. Thomas where I've never tendered the six or seven times I've cruised there. :confused: I do remember the Norway being there once and those passengers had to tender in, but that was because of her size. My guess is that because of the late change in itinerary from New Orleans to Miami, the Sun was the last ship to request port usage, therefore got what was left, which was nothing.

Considering the $50.00 PP shipboard credit for those who booked the New Orleans itinerary and changed to Miami after Kartina, NCL probably feels it compensated us appropriately. However, $50 PP to me, is not much compensation for having to deal with the hassle of tendering in at each and every port.:mad:

Having said that, I will enjoy my AC suite, and the priority tendering benefits that come with it!:)

I've heard people mention tender tickets. Do you need a tender ticket to board a tender? Do you get these at the Purser's desk?

Thanks.

Check the Freestyle Daily - they will publish where and when. If you have an excursion booked with NCL no need for one you will be one of the first off the ship.

After the initial rush no ticket needed as the tenders run back and forth all day.

Yup tendering at ALL ports, that is because of the changes in moving the Sun to this new itinerary. all the dock spaces were already booked.

I wish I had realized the tendering thing myself before hand as I use a wheelchair and to have to tender at every port is going to be a BIG problem and I could be not allowed off the ship for the entire cruise if the seas are at all rough. Not to mention being kept to the end of the loading no matter what my tender ticket says.

Archived