Get off ship at what time in NYC??

niki1785

I'm leaving out of NYC on Jan 8th on the Spirit. While one of my friends was supposed to pick me up on the 19th in NY I wasn't as concerned with what time exactly for her to be there. She has since said she can no longer get me, and I was hoping someone would have an idea what time we depart the ship, so I can have a car service pick me up. I know the ship is set to arrive in NY at 8:00am the 19th, but forget how long it takes to disembark and do not want to pay for the driver to wait around too long to get us. Does anyone have any idea as to what time people start to leave the ship??

Thanks so much in advance.

In Houston last weekend, we docked 15 minutes early, and were in line to get off the ship in 30 minutes. We used express debarkation.

If the Spirit does the same, you'd be off the ship 30 minutes from docking. If you don't mind waiting some, I'd suggest having the car arrive and waiting for you at 8:30 am.

But Customs have been know to delay things an hour or two. It's impossible to predict what Customs will do each week. We're only guessing, and our guesses are only as good as yours.

I'm leaving out of NYC on Jan 8th on the Spirit. While one of my friends was supposed to pick me up on the 19th in NY I wasn't as concerned with what time exactly for her to be there. She has since said she can no longer get me, and I was hoping someone would have an idea what time we depart the ship, so I can have a car service pick me up. I know the ship is set to arrive in NY at 8:00am the 19th, but forget how long it takes to disembark and do not want to pay for the driver to wait around too long to get us. Does anyone have any idea as to what time people start to leave the ship??

Thanks so much in advance.

Express disembarkation, you will be first. But, arrival time can be delayed!

Our driver gives us a price..doesn't matter what time you disembark...you still pay the same price!

Have your driver check the arrival time of ship ~ the same as he would do for an airline..not your fault if arrival time is delayed;)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

I will add my $.02 :)

I have used a car service several times. You will not be off the ship even with express debarkation any sooner then 90 minutes after the ship docks. It takes that long to just get the baggage off the ship in NYC.

We docked on the Jewel at 7am first off the ship was just after 10am. Last winter on the Dawn we docked at 8:30 first off the ship was 10:30.

Bring your cell phone. Call the service when you dock. That way to can adjust the pick up time. Get your drivers cell number and once you are getting off the ship call him so he can position to pick you up. Keep in mind no cell phones can be used in the customs hall.

Archived