Concierge

DCLCrazy

Hi everyone. If I get a stateroom in concierge and my sister gets a stateroom in a basic verandah, am I allowed to invite her up to the concierge sun deck and/or can she attend the happy hour as my guest? I’ve never done concierge but I’m thinking about it for my next Christmas cruise. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you are not. The concierge lounge and sun deck are reserved for those who are booked in a concierge cabin (and they DO monitor it). No "guests" are allowed in these public concierge spaces. The concierge staff gets a print out with photos of each person booked in concierge, and if in doubt can ask which room someone is in or to verify their KTTW card. They are very strict about the "no guest" policy in these spaces.

You are welcome to invite her to your cabin as that is your private space.

What you will be able to do--if you are scheduling excursions or adult dining, use the shoreside concierge to make these reservations and she will include your sister at the same time provided that you are sharing a table in the restaurant or going on the same excursions. She will assure that your sister will be seated with you at dinner. These things are done as a courtesy to the concierge guest based on the assumption that you don't want to book if the non-concierge family member can't be assured of being with you.

No' date=' you are not. The concierge lounge and sun deck are reserved for those who are booked in a concierge cabin (and they DO monitor it). No "guests" are allowed in these public concierge spaces.

You are welcome to invite her to your cabin as that is your private space.[/quote']

If I host a dinner party with Palo menu in my room, can they be included?

Yes' date=' but Palo food is not served in a concierge cabin, only in the top level suites.[/quote']

I was looking at the one bedroom suite. (I think T category?) Does that count?

Unless it has changed, it used to be only the "Royal," (Walt and Roy) 2 bedroom suites. The logic is that these suites have a dining room where it can be served properly. 1 bedroom suites can order from the MDRs and can basically get unlimited Palo reservations (which she could also attend).

To be fair, this info is a couple of years old, so it could have changed.

Unless it has changed' date=' it used to be only the "Royal," (Walt and Roy) 2 bedroom suites. The logic is that these suites have a dining room where it can be served properly. 1 bedroom suites can order from the MDRs and can basically get unlimited Palo reservations (which she could also attend).

To be fair, this info is a couple of years old, so it could have changed.[/quote']

I finally got them to pick up the phone so I’m in the process of asking now. :)

Sounds good--I was about to suggest that you should look up the suite benefits before you decide what to book.

The answer was pretty much no to everything. (which makes sense' date=' obviously). So i just booked two connecting verandahs.

Well, what she was basically saying is that the concierge goodies are for the people who booked concierge--paid for the goodies and services. You could have booked a 2 bedroom concierge suite which would hold all of you (up to 7 on the Magic and Wonder) if you wanted to burst your wallet.

Sounds good--I was about to suggest that you should look up the suite benefits before you decide what to book.

Yeah I’m sure it’s an arm and a leg. I wish they would let you book the rooms that can hold 6-7 people without having to call in. :/

Well, I'd just call my TA. I don't understand why calling is such a big deal. Part of the reason for the phone call is that there is (or used to be) a special section of inventory control that deals with the suites and they would do wait lists. for these. Prices can be viewed on line when there is space available.

I book 1 bedroom suites each time I sail and have always done so on line. I don't call shore side concierge until they call me to ask my dining preferences, etc. Perhaps the very large Royal suites are done by calls.

It won’t let me if i tell it my party includes 5 adults and 1 child. It makes me call in even though there are suites that say 7 is max.