Renewing Vows

littledylansmom

Hi,

My husband and I would like to renew our vows while on our cruise in February...Does anyone know a great beach? Either on St. Martin or Martinique? And also have any information on prices...I've been checking but only see weddings...didn't know if it was same price to renew vows...? Thanks so much!

Dyslansmom:

I hope you find your beach. But I never did get ( nor do I still) the whole deal with renewing one's vows. I didn't realize there was an expiration date on them when taken the first time.

DW and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this August and did the 12-day Mediterranean Liberty cruise (it was fabulous!). Seemed like 4-5 times a day the CD John Heald would make an announcement of a vow renewal ceremony that they were doing (I am sure not for free, but ok).

Though I certainly can understand it, I guess the ceremony thing is just not all that important for me. Saying the love, honor, cherish thing out loud is fine, but practicing it every day is what really counts.

CTMak

You can do it on the ship, at sea, by the captain. Our friends did this on the Imagination and it was quite nice. Carnival offers various levels of flowers, # of people, canapes, they provide a nice cake, someone to take really nice photos (Johnand Agnes had not planned on buying ANY but when they saw them, they were just GORGEOUS) I don't think it was very expensive.

Archived