I'm finally in the upsell/upgrade club!

Herbaltees

:cool: I received an upsell email about upgrading my room from a deluxe OV deck two to Balcony deck 6 for $84.

This trip is a getaway with me alone and the little ones. I'm thinking of declining mainly because I want the bathtub and I'm not sure about that balcony door. The room they offered me is right above the piano bar.

If I accept, can I switch rooms to another 8A in a better location? Or do I have to accept that specific room?

Will it really be THAT noisy above the piano bar?

Conversely, what's the view like out the window of the OV room? I figured my children would like to stand at the window and watch the waves.

I've sailed in a balcony before, but never by myself with young children. I didn't really pay attention to the lock. How does the door lock?

I doubt it would be very noisy above the piano bar. Do what we do: take a noise maker (you can get them at Walmart for less than $20) and set it to your choice of white noise, rain, etc. That should mask any piano bar noise.

You would have to decide about the balcony with little ones. The railings, as you know, are pretty high and there should be a safety latch on the door that little kids can't reach.

We got the up sale offer with an extented balcony room specified on deck 8. We called our PVP and asked for the room to be on deck 7 (rooms above and below). It was done with no problem.

If you received an email you should be able to see what other cabins they are offering. I recently had one and not only was I able to move to a cabin I liked but I was able to switch the offer from a regular balcony to a spa balcony (I was previously in a cove).

I'd click into the email to see what options you are given if you are interested in moving.

If you received an email you should be able to see what other cabins they are offering. I recently had one and not only was I able to move to a cabin I liked but I was able to switch the offer from a regular balcony to a spa balcony (I was previously in a cove).

I'd click into the email to see what options you are given if you are interested in moving.

Thank you everyone.

The email included spa balcony and regular balcony. The balcony didn't have options for location, but the spa balcony did. The spa was close to $300 for the upgrade. I could buy the weeklong spa pass in the fun shops for $140, so I'm declining the offer and just buying a spa pass.

We got the up sale offer with an extented balcony room specified on deck 8. We called our PVP and asked for the room to be on deck 7 (rooms above and below). It was done with no problem.

I didn't think of calling to discuss. That would have been a good idea.

Next time, next time.