Excursions on Reflection

pita22

My suggestion is to not take an excursion there at all...just walk around the town which is the highlight of the island. There is essentially nothing else to see other than going to the beach on the other side of the island. (We have been to Mykonos three times)

I too have visited Mykonos several times...

If staying on the island, I'd wander the town on my own too--it's compact/charming; perhaps consider having a waterside lunch at a Greek Taverna [i assume you won't be there late enough for the great night life]--but, other than the beach, there's not a whole lot more there...

If interested in antiquity, consider doing the ship's tour [don't recall if such tours are available independently in town] to Delphi; if offered; it requires a water taxi transfer to the nearby island... I found the ancient ruins there impressive and thought them unspoiled/less commercial--with far less tourist traffic--than one would encounter in Athens [though I'd do those too if in Athens] ...

As others have stated, just get the shuttle bus from dock into town and wander round. Visit the windmills, little Venice, stroll along the beach and get lost in the narrow streets with lots of tourist shops. Finally, gave a beer!