Hiring taxis in Ireland

We will be stopping in Dublin, Cork, Waterford (Dunmore E) and Belfast in September. Has anyone just hired a taxi for touring in any of these areas? There are 4 of us and we really prefer to skip the "bus full of tourist" experiences. Any recommendations for private tours? Thanks

In Belfast we hired through Value Cabs. You can find them online, they took us on a trip along the coast road, Giants causeway, rope bridge, game of thrones filming locations and a tour of Belfast city. The driver was very knowledgeable. The brother in law paid so I can't help with price but I would recommend the cab company.

This isn't about hiring taxis, but about a couple of the ports you mentioned.

Cork, the port town is Cobh (cove) and the train is directly across the sidewalk from the ship if you wish to go to Cork. We chose not to...

We were coming back to Ireland on a diy land trip after the cruise, so chose to stay in Cobh and walk around, went into a small Titanic museum (Cobh was last port for Titanic, I understand), church/cathedral, talked with the locals, shopped, etc. I bought a hat made from Irish wool from the lady that made it. It's a small town.

In Dublin, be sure to see the Trinity College and the Book of Kells. There was another post about getting a student guide and pre-purchasing tickets.