Hotel Review & Car Service

canuckof5

Hi Everyone

Back from the Explorer had a great time,Here is our thoughts and we were a family of 5.

Port of Miami Holiday Inn, it was ok, I wouldn't stay more than one night found it dirty and just unclean in the bathroom and even the pull out couch was gross..moldy windows ..So even if the location I wouldn't stay again.

Embassy Suites FLL... was great, the rooms were clean we were able to check in really early 9:00am

The pool was open and kids loved it, yes they are still doing repairs to the sauna and shower area near the pool, the house keeping staff is slow so be prepared.

We were on the 4th floor and faced the side, no noise problem. They had shuttle service to Ports and you had to pre-arrange it. Not sure if they charged a fee or not. But it is available.

Free shuttle on the hour and 1/2 hour to FLL airport was great.

The Hotel restaurant wasn't very good, the pizza was huge and kids enjoyed it, but other food was blah and the service was awful and my family and 1 other couple were the only people there..

We did cross the street to Carlos & Pepes was great food, very large portions so go hungry.

Free breakfast was served near the lobby with lots of choices hot & cold items.They also had Managers Service around supper time with drinks and popcorn but we didn't atend

We really enjoyed this Hotel and would stay again in a heart beat.

Transportation was a bit more of a problem, we used Top Shuttle and pre-arranged pick up at FLL airport & Port

We had flights cancelled and we called them and they had someone waiting for us in the luggage area, we were in after 9:00pm, and he seemed lost and we clearly told him the Hotel 3 times, he ended up dropping us off at the wrong Hotel after 10:00pm at night, it was dark and we didn't know until we went inside..so we had to walk another 2 1/2 blocks with all our luagge to the correct Hotel.

and the seatbealts in the back of this van didn't work.

Pick up from Pier we also got in very early than we told them again we called and someone was there in 5 min, however they got in trouble as they didn't have a Port pass, and again NONE of the seat belts worked in this van.

This new driver however was able to get us to the correct Hotel ..and I did email the company about things and have gotten no response.

I don't think I would use this company again.

Hope that helps some others going on your trips:)

Port of Miami Holiday Inn, it was ok, I wouldn't stay more than one night found it dirty and just unclean in the bathroom and even the pull out couch was gross..moldy windows ..So even if the location I wouldn't stay again.

I am just curious as to which floor you stayed on.. I have seen pictures and heard from 3 different people whom have stayed there in the last couple of months and there was nothing like this said.. or seen :confused:

I am just curious as to which floor you stayed on.. I have seen pictures and heard from 3 different people whom have stayed there in the last couple of months and there was nothing like this said.. or seen :confused:

Sorry that should of read So even with the location I wouldn't stay again.

we were on the 8th floor facing Bayside, we did call down about it being unclean and a maid came up and picked the hair out , not wash just picked it out of the tub and off the walls, they also brought a blanket to put over the sheets on the pull out, not clean the whole thing.

I did say about the mold on the windows and she said they could bleach them then but our room would be very strong smell of bleach..no thanks..and no other rooms available

I will say we had flights delayed and ended up taking us over 15 hours to reach FLL...so we just fell into the beds and went to sleep at that point. But perhaps other rooms are being cleaned and upgraded I'm not sure but ours was not good, and wouldn't stay again.

Hope that helps:)

Besides the restaurant across the street what else is around the hotel within walking distance (publix, etc.?)

There was a pharmacy and lots of little shops..more food places than anything.Chucks Steak house is right across the street..

We ended up takng a cab to Galleria Mall as we were looking for shoes for the kids and enjoyed our time there.

If you go to map quest and put in Embassy Suites it can tell you search all the names of everything near the Hotel..think its about 13 pages of places

Sorry that should of read So even with the location I wouldn't stay again.

we were on the 8th floor facing Bayside, we did call down about it being unclean and a maid came up and picked the hair out , not wash just picked it out of the tub and off the walls, they also brought a blanket to put over the sheets on the pull out, not clean the whole thing.

I did say about the mold on the windows and she said they could bleach them then but our room would be very strong smell of bleach..no thanks..and no other rooms available

I will say we had flights delayed and ended up taking us over 15 hours to reach FLL...so we just fell into the beds and went to sleep at that point. But perhaps other rooms are being cleaned and upgraded I'm not sure but ours was not good, and wouldn't stay again.

Thanks for your response.. I guess it is a gamble on the rooms.. We are staying there in 03/06 hopefully we will luck out with a clean room.. if not it's not the end of the world for the price and location.. :)

Thanks for your response.. I guess it is a gamble on the rooms.. We are staying there in 03/06 hopefully we will luck out with a clean room.. if not it's not the end of the world for the price and location.. :)

Yeah after the long flights we just crashed and slept, but with the exchange and paying over $150.00 for the room, and most stores were not open until after 11:00am at Bayside ..if we Cruise again we'd stay else where..

Good Luck on your trip

Yeah after the long flights we just crashed and slept, but with the exchange and paying over $150.00 for the room, and most stores were not open until after 11:00am at Bayside ..if we Cruise again we'd stay else where..

Good Luck on your trip

We are actually going to be there for 5 days pre/post cruise and we can't wait.. I will forsure post a review then we get back with all the pics... I just got a digitial camera for xmas I will be taking pictures everywhere!! If I find what you found I will post it as well.. :p

Archived