NCL - Costa Maya excursion

Snice978

Travelling on the Dawn 3/24 and booked the ship excursion (Beach Getaway) in Costa Maya. Reviews are not good, but dated. Anyone recently take this excursion and what are your thoughts?

I can’t speak to the specific NCL excursion, but I would not recommend a beach excursion through any ship stopping in Costa Maya. It is a very easy port to do a beach day on your own. You can grab a cab at the port for about $ 3/pp each way to the malecon that is lined with beach clubs. Some are all-inclusive and others are pay-as-you-go.

Checkout the Beach Club Breakdown sticky at the top of this forum for a description of several of the popular clubs. There are also several threads on this board listing many recommended clubs.

If you want a nice all-inclusive away from crowds, I recommend Maya Chan. It’s a little bit further from port, but a very relaxing day. Book early if that is your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have decided to rent a golf cart and drive into Mahajual and bar hop on our own. We are doing Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, so figure that we can do without a full "lay around" day when in Costa Maya.