fishing(deep sea)

mylove

Wahoo Tours, for our Cozumel stop on Feb.3 06!!

Went through cozumelinsider and have nothing but smooth sailing with this company so far!!! Very helpful, very flexible, very reasonably priced!!

At least check them out!!!

good luck. i've heard the boat is not up to par with other fishing boats on the island though i've never seen it myself.

good luck. i've heard the boat is not up to par with other fishing boats on the island though i've never seen it myself.

There are many sites and people selling fishing here, that are not really direct fishing charter operators, but rather brokers, hiring a myriad of boats whenever they get business, thus sometimes "cheaper" boats arranged in favor of earnings.

No question, contact Albatross Charters for fishing in Cozumel. http://www.albatroscharters.com

Rita & Burak are some of the best in the business here. You always want to book directly with the boat owners, you will get more for your money this way. Two other good operators are Papa Hogs www.papahogs.com and Ocean Tours www.cozumel-diving.net/oceantur I used to manage the latter and can tell you their boat and crew are tops.

Tight Lines!!

There are many sites and people selling fishing here, that are not really direct fishing charter operators, but rather brokers, hiring a myriad of boats whenever they get business, thus sometimes "cheaper" boats arranged in favor of earnings.

Rita & Burak are some of the best in the business here. You always want to book directly with the boat owners, you will get more for your money this way. Two other good operators are Papa Hogs www.papahogs.com and Ocean Tours www.cozumel-diving.net/oceantur I used to manage the latter and can tell you their boat and crew are tops.

Tight Lines!!

so wahoo is a broker not an actual fishing charter that explains it. i've not heard anything good about them from reputable respectable people.

so wahoo is a broker not an actual fishing charter that explains it. i've not heard anything good about them from reputable respectable people.

They had(have?) one boat, which had(has?) been in & out of the boat yard frequently, called Marisol, but I believe most of their business is on brokered boats. In fairness I should say that they do have several loyal and happy clients that are content and recommend them. But I would not recommend them for experienced fishermen looking for top of the line boats, equipment or crews. They are a good option is you're bargain hunting for a fishing trip and don't mind what kind of boat or equipment you go out with, and/or if you are a single person looking to go without paying for a whole charter.

They had(have?) one boat, which had(has?) been in & out of the boat yard frequently, called Marisol, but I believe most of their business is on brokered boats. In fairness I should say that they do have several loyal and happy clients that are content and recommend them. But I would not recommend them for experienced fishermen looking for top of the line boats, equipment or crews. They are a good option is you're bargain hunting for a fishing trip and don't mind what kind of boat or equipment you go out with, and/or if you are a single person looking to go without paying for a whole charter.

I should add since I just remembered hearing they might have gotten another boat recently, I don't know for sure though. Either way I still stand by my recommendations.

• 2 months later...
No question, contact Albatross Charters for fishing in Cozumel. http://www.albatroscharters.com/

I have personally gone out with albatros charters. The boat was huge and very clean. The equipment was in excellent condition. The Captain and the mate seemed to know everything except how to make the fish bite. The mate changed the lures constantly but no luck getting a fish to bite. This was in mid April 2005. A week before my trip they caught 2 marlin, go figure! I would definitely recommend them!

Well I have been looking for this post.....

In Jan.06 my 4 guys used Wahoo and they had a great time!!!! Each of them caught 2 fish a piece, and said the guides were great. What made them even better is that because of tendering we were 2 hours late to all our excursions (privately booked) and they were still there waiting and ready for the guys.

Was it top of the line....no, my guys aren't professional fisherman, they were there to try something, have fun and make memories and they did just that!!! The guides were friendly and helpful, the boat was clean, stocked and ready for their whole trip!!!

So thanks for your "good luck" Damselfish!!!

We've been fishing every trip down to Cozumel for the past 15 years with Capt. Carlos Moreno( Charlie Brown to those who know him) on several boats. He is currently captaining "La Graan Cosa" out of La Caleta. (IMHO)You can have the most expensive,well equiped boat around but if you don't have a good captain, you have wasted your money. While I cannot supply his private info, I do know that he does get charters from Wahoo Tours when needed. Worth asking for him!

If you have never seen "it" you self, then maybe you shouldn't respond with 2nd hand info. While I wouldn't call myself a professional fisherman, I have a lot of experience fishing in Cozumel (9 years). I've fished in anything from a little panga boat to the top of the line charter boat. Expensive locators etc. do not empress me, catching fish is what it is about. I have fished with Wahoo tours several times, and can't say anything bad about them. Let them know what you expect and have fun. There are several good operators in Cozumel, but those who like to put down the competition will never get my $.

If you have never seen "it" you self, then maybe you shouldn't respond with 2nd hand info. While I wouldn't call myself a professional fisherman, I have a lot of experience fishing in Cozumel (9 years). I've fished in anything from a little panga boat to the top of the line charter boat. Expensive locators etc. do not empress me, catching fish is what it is about. I have fished with Wahoo tours several times, and can't say anything bad about them. Let them know what you expect and have fun. There are several good operators in Cozumel, but those who like to put down the competition will never get my $.

We appreciate this type of honesty. You will note one of the local operators is on a constant binge about our company and I can only assume he is jealous about our success. Our clients are not a captive audience in an all inclusive hotel, they find us and many keep coming back to us for the very reasons you state.

Mr. Madrazo has a personal problem with Wahoo Tours and or it's owners and has expressed it on every forum that he can. He consistantly bad mouths Wahoo Tours for no other apparent reason. He is really a sad case.

Well I have been looking for this post.....

In Jan.06 my 4 guys used Wahoo and they had a great time!!!! Each of them caught 2 fish a piece, and said the guides were great. What made them even better is that because of tendering we were 2 hours late to all our excursions (privately booked) and they were still there waiting and ready for the guys.

Was it top of the line....no, my guys aren't professional fisherman, they were there to try something, have fun and make memories and they did just that!!! The guides were friendly and helpful, the boat was clean, stocked and ready for their whole trip!!!

So thanks for your "good luck" Damselfish!!!

We appreciate your nice remarks very much. It is satisfied fishermen and their real life stories that keeps us very booked. Then there are the guys that don't ever fish with us that always have something to say, generally it is garbage talk.

You really don't have a clue, do you chubby?

Archived