Acapulco Papagayo River Rafting

Vernoncruise

Sorry to inform you, that due to low river conditions the ride has been cancelled until the river rises. Probably till our next rain season in August.

You can email them and ask for a specific date, and I have heard that it is well worth the time and money. I planned on doing it in the first week of December and was told it had to be termporarily closed.

ventas@shotoverjet.com.mx

Oh, thank you for that info. I guess we won't take our chances on that one then.

We are going on the 3/17 sailing of the Mercury, so we will be in Acapulco on Thursday, 3/23. I'm trying to figure out something to do with the family that everyone will enjoy. We have a very adventruous 13 year old (girl) and a little more timid 10 year old (boy). The jet boat ride sounds fun but short (at least through the Celebrity excursions) unless we combined it with something else. The jeep tour also sounds nice, but expensive at $95*4. We're also considering the turtle release or the evening cliff divers/multimedia show. Any other suggestions?

Oh, thank you for that info. I guess we won't take our chances on that one then.

We are going on the 3/17 sailing of the Mercury, so we will be in Acapulco on Thursday, 3/23. I'm trying to figure out something to do with the family that everyone will enjoy. We have a very adventruous 13 year old (girl) and a little more timid 10 year old (boy). The jet boat ride sounds fun but short (at least through the Celebrity excursions) unless we combined it with something else. The jeep tour also sounds nice, but expensive at $95*4. We're also considering the turtle release or the evening cliff divers/multimedia show. Any other suggestions?

You can do the boat ride directly thogh the email I gave you and save 50%, or you can try a new attraction called Ocean Riders, located 1 block to the east. Same as the jet boat, but on the ocean.

As for the night time cliff divers, take a cab and save a bundle, a cab costs about $12 and admission fee thruogh La Perla is $16.50 per person with 2 drinks included or go to the lower observation area for $3 per person.

For the light show, you can only go thruogh the ship to arrange that excursion.

Another good option is go to the glass bottom boats at Caleta, very cheap, you get a small tour of the surrounding areas, they feed the fish, see the sunken virgen and drop you off at La Roqueta island.

Or take them to the CICI water park, not as nice as wet and wild in the US, but still fun, you can arrange to swim with the dolphins for 40% less than advertised on board.

Archived