Secrets of a Celebrity Suite (CS)

CeeAtSea

We just booked one of the Celebrity Suites on the Constellation for next year, 6104 to be exact . Looking for the scoop on these cabins. Other than not having a balcony, is there anything we should know?? The good, the bad, give us your thoughts......?

Thanks a lot.

GREAT suite! Loved the panoramic windows, the full size sofa, the dining table, the walk-in-closet and the darkness of the bedroom (no windows and perfect for sleeping) I found the forward facing CS's to be best, due to the window washing ladder taking up one of the windows in the aft facing suites. We didnt miss the balcony at all, and all the extra space made up for the lack of one. The 2 plasma tvs were wonderful and we really enjoyed the sound system for the cd player.

The only negatives of the suite (for us) were:

1. The difficulty in negotiating the bathtub (it was a shower/bathtub combo and stepping over the high bathtub wall on a moving ship was tricky)

2. Due to the design of the suite and the windows curving outward past the line of all the balconys...you were a little "on display" with the curtains open.

ALL IN ALL a great suite, and Id book one again in a minute. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We just booked one of the Celebrity Suites on the Constellation for next year, 6104 to be exact . Looking for the scoop on these cabins. Other than not having a balcony, is there anything we should know?? The good, the bad, give us your thoughts......?

Thanks a lot.

I think 6104 is my favorite suite in the whole world. Not too high, not too low and facing forward. We have booked it on the Constellation for our TA this spring, and loved watching Alaska float by it on the Infinity in 2002 (for pictures, see the link in my signature).

The bedroom has no windows and is very dark, which is good or bad, depending on your preference.

You can bring along CD's for use in the sound system, or get a list of available loaners from your butler.

Susan

Definitely bringing CD's with you is a must! They have a great sound system in the Suite. Also, bring bath salts for the jacuzzi in the bathroom. It makes for a great soak in the tub. One thing to keep in mind and that's to keep the shades closed on the curved portion of the living room or you might give your shipmates a free show!

Enjoy your CS! We loved ours!

Anita

We just returned from a CS and we absolutely loved it! As has already been said, we also prefer forward facing ones and all you have to do is close the curtain or drape in the far left window to allow you privacy and also to allow privacy for the balcony beside you. And with all those wonderful windows, it hardly matters. We had 9096 (as it was the only ff left) and would not recommend it as there was quite a bit of noise from the pool deck above, day or night sometimes, but we still enjoyed the suite. We have booked 7138 for April to Mexico and again for Oct. to Hawaii. DR table was great, nice long sofa to sit and watch the ocean go by, and no words can describe how much we enjoyed our Butler. He was a hoot!

The only negative I have read about the CS's is if on a "hot weather" cruise, those windows let in an awful lot of sun and the drapes have to be closed most of the day. Our last cruise was not very hot so no problem but maybe we'll find out in April. Can't imagine not being able to look out those windows! And no, we thought we would miss the balcony but we did not, not one bit.

Priority tender tickets were kinda nice. Dining preference also. The large bathroom was really special. No shower curtain sticking to you, and yes, the high tub presented a bit of a problem but nothing to be concerned about.

Hope this helps.

We were in 6106 and it's a huge suite. The closet is huge with a dressing table inside. The only problem is the bathtub. It's wedged right next to the toilet on one end and the sink on the other, and if you're short, like I am, it's a real hassle climbing into and out of the tub, without almost falling into the loo.

Thank you everyone. Your thoughts, observations and suggestions are appreicated. This will be our first time on a Radiance class ship. So we are looking forward to it.

Is there anything else about the ship in general that we should know. For example, how is the spa, the specialty restaurant etc. Are there any "must dos"

Thanks again.

CeeAtSea, the Connie isn't a Radiance Class ship. Only RCCI has Radiance Class. The Connie is an M Class ship.

The spa is wonderful with all the great things a spa has to offer. My sister and I love having the scalp and neck massage and I love the Japanese Silk Facial. And the specialty restaurants on all the M class ships are to die for. We love them so much, we go at least twice on every cruise, and for longer cruises we've been known to go there four times.

Sorry, we were originally booked on the Jewel of the Seas. Just got my cruises mixed up.

Our's is a 10 day itinerary, so I plan to do the specialty restaurant several times. Can you make spa and restaurant reservations in advance?

I've always said that we could live the rest of our lives in that cabin! You will love it. We enjoyed 6104 on Alaska Repo, Panama Canal and just recently on the Millie trans. Never missed the balcony for one minute!!! Just sit back on those comfy living room chairs....look out those incredible panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows.... and watch the world go. :) Breakfasts are great. Don't forget to order your espressos and cappucinos every morning with breakfast. Your butler will make it for you fresh from his special service section on the Penthouse Deck. Dinners are wonderful too......just let your butler know ahead of time......order from the main menu and he will bring your dinner to you course by course. What a treat.....(There are also genuine crystal wine and drink glasses in the cabinets - in the dining room.)

Be very careful getting into the bathtub....and enjoy the shower....it is wonderful. And do take advantage of your jacuzzi....just add a little nice smelling bath salts or foaming bath. The bedroom is perfect with its two large walk-in closets and make-up/sitting area. And, you could actually sleep all day if you're not careful....it's pitch black in there!!!! Yes, do bring your cd's...great sound system. And use your computer (free of charge) to edit your pictures and/or view your slide show.

If you're interested...you can check out some pictures of 6104 on the Millie...it's the last set of pictures..."The Millie Trans...cont'd"

http://community.webshots.com/user/melaniegm100

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

On Infinity in November, our CC group did a "house tour". One of our couples was in 6104. It is just a fabulous cabin. I'm not sure I would leave it very much while at sea (we had 4 1/2 seas days each way from San Diego to Hawaii and back).

Have a great trip.

The CS was great but when its rocky and you are in the shower be very very careful.

I lost my balance and grabbed onto the shower head resting bracket and ripped it out of the wall,, luckily I reached out and caught the towel bar and it saved me from getting killed.

I just may write Celebrity an email and tell then they need a stainless bar in the tub area for safety. An older senior may not beable to use the shower/tub with the high stepping required to get into it.

Its hard to believe no one has sued from falling. Maybe its just me who was clumsy..

I have a bunch of pics posted also. I think we had 6108 or 6106 mot sure since its been over 3 wks...

Don

Archived