FTTF Long Beach

Ronanc

Hi there,

I know some of you were looking for a Splendor FTTF review. We just got off the ship today and are now on the second leg of our journey (San Diego and Palm Springs for the next 9 nights) so I'll write a brief review. I signed 7 of us up for anytime dinning a few months ago but a week before our trip, I got cold feet about the prospect of a group of us finding a table each night. I emailed the maitre d and he switched us to early dining, which I think was a good move. I'm not sure if FTTF helped but I know that priority reservations are one of the perks. We stayed the night at the Queen Mary and headed to the newly renovated terminal, at around 10:45 last Saturday. Things went very smoothly and after being seated in a clearly marked FTTF area, we were on the ship by about 11:20. We went straight to our rooms, which were ready, to drop off our luggage. We had a couple of issues with our account during the week and were served immediately at guest services, despite long lines at the other counters. Tendering was also quick and easy in Cabo. Today the ship was delayed by about an hour due to weather, but once docked, we were off the ship pretty quickly. So, I would give our FTTF experience at Long Beach an A+! Now off to explore San Diego!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

We boarded Splendor today just after your disembarked. We also had FTTF. Received an email yesterday from Carnival saying there would be a delay in disembarking so to arrive an hour later than scheduled for checkin. Since we had FTTF and were coming straight from LAX from an early morning flight, we arrived at Long Beach about 1015. We were in the front of the FTTF checkin line and they opened the doors about 1120. Checked in quickly and then had to await for another hour before they let the Captain's Lounge group in, with us FTTF people right on their heels. Our rooms were ready for us on boarding and then we were straight to the trough at the buffet! Have just left port so we have now officially started cruising!

We boarded Splendor today just after your disembarked. We also had FTTF. Received an email yesterday from Carnival saying there would be a delay in disembarking so to arrive an hour later than scheduled for checkin. Since we had FTTF and were coming straight from LAX from an early morning flight, we arrived at Long Beach about 1015. We were in the front of the FTTF checkin line and they opened the doors about 1120. Checked in quickly and then had to await for another hour before they let the Captain's Lounge group in, with us FTTF people right on their heels. Our rooms were ready for us on boarding and then we were straight to the trough at the buffet! Have just left port so we have now officially started cruising!

What time did the muster drill start?

What time did the muster drill start?

I am on the ship right now. It started around 330ish. No need to rush when you hear the emergency sound, take you time, otherwise you will be in the back of the group like a sardine. It is better to be in front so it does not feel so claustrophobic, but you still will be packed.

• 4 months later...