Spa Appointments for Minors

Luvmesomeme

I am taking my daughter on a cruise for her 16th birthday. I went on line to make our pedicure appointments and her name was not present as a choice. I thought this was odd because her name was present to order bubbles, excursions, cookies for the room etc. I contacted our PVP and was informed that since she is a minor I could not book an appointment on line for her, I will have to wait until we get on the ship and even then it is at the discretion of the staff since she is a minor. I remember her getting a pedicure years ago between the ages of 9 and 11. Has anyone run into this problem? Has anyone recently had a teen who was able to get a manicure or pedicure with no problem? It would stink if we were not able to get her a spa appointment for her birthday. Thinking Perhaps I should make an appointment at home before we leave but it would not be the same experience. Any input/experiences would be appreciated. TIA.

I am taking my daughter on a cruise for her 16th birthday. I went on line to make our pedicure appointments and her name was not present as a choice. I thought this was odd because her name was present to order bubbles, excursions, cookies for the room etc. I contacted our PVP and was informed that since she is a minor I could not book an appointment on line for her, I will have to wait until we get on the ship and even then it is at the discretion of the staff since she is a minor. I remember her getting a pedicure years ago between the ages of 9 and 11. Has anyone run into this problem? Has anyone recently had a teen who was able to get a manicure or pedicure with no problem? It would stink if we were not able to get her a spa appointment for her birthday. Thinking Perhaps I should make an appointment at home before we leave but it would not be the same experience. Any input/experiences would be appreciated. TIA.

My last two cruises on the Conquest and Glory, they turned away Moms and teen daughters trying to get appts, said must be 18.

My last two cruises on the Conquest and Glory, they turned away Moms and teen daughters trying to get appts, said must be 18.

Bummer

My sister got my 2 nieces Spa treatments on the Vista. I don't remember if she did it ahead of time or onboard. She did have to go with them though to sign the form and check them in. They are in HS and under 18.

I hope this is the case but I think I'm going to get her a cheap pedi at home prior to the cruise just in case they refuse us. I wonder what happen to make them change this as this was not the case years ago. Now, I'm thinking that perhaps I was on a Disney cruise when she got the pedicure years ago. Been on so many I don't know which one it was :D.