ziuderdam

nineteen2

We are considering taking a cruise on the Zuiderdam but have read so many negative comments. It was refurbished in Oct. of 2018 and right after that someone wrote a review that things were dirty, deck chairs, plumbing problems, etc. We have sailed on this ship before and liked it as it is a little smaller and my husband has a problem walking too far. Has anyone been on this ship recently. I would appreciate your comments

On the Zuiderdam in February this year and she was in great shape. It usually takes a few cruises to work out the kinks after dry dock, and please take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Any ship that spends her entire life at sea, i.e. quick turnarounds, is going to need daily maintenance for problems that arise. All I ever noticed was some daily touch up painting that keeps the maintenance crew busy when there's nothing else for them to do. I can't imagine anyone on my cruise faulting the ship in any way.

I posted a review from our 3/11 cruise on the Z along with photos of the SS suite we were in. Ship is in great shape, new carpets, furniture, etc. Never saw anything dirty except our veranda and it was completely cleaned on the second day, only salty, no dirt.

Here is the link to my post

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2616014

Will be happy to answer any questions.

I was on the Zuiderdam in January and she was in great shape. There were a couple of panels in the BB King's Lounge that were scratched and needed repainting/replacement and a couple of places where the carpet seemed unusually worn, but nothing really else noticeable; and certainly nothing that would effect the quality of my cruise.

The only issues I had on my cruise came from the other passengers. I found it was a FULL ship and most passengers were quite rude in saving sun loungers all day or not being cognizant of other cruisers around them. The worst were the ping pong players, who really had no regard for all the other passengers walking behind them from the forward elevators through to the Lido Buffet.

Also, for reasons no one has even been able to explain, the crew sawed off the railings around the hot tubs near the Lido Bar to erect a stage for the New Year's Eve festivities and then spent New Year's Day replacing them by welding them on again. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen on a ship and, in my opinion, completely and totally pointless. So if anyone noticed what looks like new welding on the railings around the hot tubs, that's why.