NCL Epic disembark in Barcelona for train

SeanB8

I have seen a couple other threads about disembarking for a plane and do not suggest an early time. I was looking to book a train ticket after disembarking and would do the easy-walk off as soon as I can. I was looking to book an 8 AM train but was wondering if that would be too early and I should go with the 9 AM train instead. Any experiences from anyone would be appreciated with times they have disembarked.

Barcelona-Sants station is very crowded in the mornings. Lines for the taxis when the ship disembarks. If you are taking the AVE you have to pass through luggage screening. Those lines can be long the closer you are to the trains departing. You can board the trains until about 5 minutes before departure, but luggage space can be very hard to find then. The AVE

Preferente class seating and service is very nice.

We arrived off the Epic last April after the repositioning cruise from Miami. I do not know if things have since then, but 9AM seems very questionable.

Hope some one has a more recent report.

Thanks for asking this and for the detailed reply. We are booking a 9:30 train now just to be safe and not rushed! We did not realize there was security scanning here for the high-speed trains. We did not experience that in Germany or the Netherlands last year so had not added that into our timeline.

930 sounds about right. should be a 30 min taxi depending on traffic. As you know its not like an airport where you need to be there an hour early. Last year the luggage inspection for the AVE was quick and they don't let you go to the platforms early anyways. You stay in the terminal until they call the train number.

Also agree with getting the first class tickets for AVE. Especially if you have several bags. There is not much luggage storage and even less in economy with more people. If your in economy definitely make sure you are there when they announce boarding. The luggage racks fill up quickly in economy. Fairly quickly in First. Once the racks are full, you can still fit a decent size bag in the overhead.

Edited by commodore2010

Last November/December we were on the Spirit and disembarked in Barcelona early in the morning; early enough to take a taxi and to be ready for our 10:40 am flight at the airport--before the checkin desk even opened! I'm not sure if your cruise is scheduled for an early disembarkment (I think we were scheduled for a 6 am arrival?).

--Michael