Help with mobility problem.

Has anyone ever hired a mobility scooter and had it delivered to the port. I am flying from UK to Barcelona and rather than hiring here and having to fly it over I thought it would be easier to hire it in Spain. Any advise would be helpful as was not expecting to have foot surgery this week.

Check with the cruise line. I know for the US there are a couple of approved vendors that will deliver directly to your cabin and pick up there after the cruise. Only possible problem would be whether or not it will go through the door of a regular cabin. It will work with a suite for sure. It must be parked inside the cabin. Cannot be left in the hallway. If the bed is positioned closer to the door, it may not get in at all.

For the cobbled streets of the Med I would make sure to get a four-wheeler.

I am going to argue for renting locally. It's priceless at the airport and while you're going through customs; you're off your feet! You have to go through a different security line of course, but you can drive it right up to the door of the plane. They take it from there, usually break it down, stow it and bring it back to the jetbridge when you land. Makes things SOOO much easier!

If you get a compact one (GOGO Elite Traveler is usually the go-to for rentals) you won't have problems getting it through the door, they're narrow enough.