Inside the closet question, Liberty/Conquest class

mr saging

I know some people bring over the door shoe racks to put extra stuff in. Since my last cruise was a while ago on the Destiny, I can't remember what the closet was like. Specifically, I was thinking about bringing one of those shoe racks that hangs on the pole in the closet. Buttttt...I don't know if you can remove the pole in the closet, run it through the shoe rack pole holder on top, and then put the pole back. If the pole in the closet is somehow permanently bolted in, this idea won't work.

Any feedback? :confused:

I have had no problems with the closet space on the carnival ships. I seem to make everything fit with ease. Maybe they have added more space since before. I think the rods are bolted in the closets none-the-less. If I remember correctly, there are 2 closets about 3 feet wide with hanging space. There are two more with shelves. About 3 to 5 dresser drawers that are about 10 inches deep and 18 inches wide.

Hope that helps.

I agree , we were on conquest last year and there was more than enough closet space for me and my husband,. and we brought a lot of clothes and about 10 pairs of shoes.

there are many drawers and shelves all over... its huge....

happy new year

I have one of the shoe holders that you hang in a closet, but it has velcro that you wrap around the pole. Anyways, we didn't need it and didn't use it on our Glory cruise. The conquest class has TONS of storage space... in the room and bathroom. Closets, cabinets, drawers, etc. I wouldn't bother bringing it unless you are staying 4 to a cabin.

I agree that there is tons of space in the closets on the Conquest-class ships. You probably wouldn't need anything more.

But, one thing I found with the hanging organizers if you are planning to hang it in the bathroom is that the door has TWO hooks which means if you hang an organizer it is always getting caught in the door when you close it. It became an annoyance. If there had been one hook in the middle of the door it would have been fine.

Not a big deal, but I probably wouldn't have brought the organizer if I had known that ahead of time.

I bought one of the over the door things that has grommets in the top and comes with its own hooks. I used it on the inside of the first closet door as you come into the cabin.

My DH thought it unnecessary but I used mine for paper, pens/hi-liters, sunscreen, OTC medicines (Dayquil, Nyquil, Benadryl etc). DD used the bottom pockets for her small stuffed animals that cruised with us. I like the fact that I didn't have the counters cluttered with stuff that didn't need to be used all the time.

:) We will be on the Liberty this Sunday. We are a family of 4 in a spa deck room. I was planning on bringing an over the door shoe organizer (the kind that hooks to the top and bottom of the door) for the bathroom, but if there is enough storage space in the bathroom I won't bother. It would also be a pain if there are hooks on the door that get in the way when hanging the organizer. Don't want to pack it if we don't need it or can't use it. I was also wondering if there are clocks in the room or do we need to bring a travel clock?

:) We will be on the Liberty this Sunday. We are a family of 4 in a spa deck room. I was planning on bringing an over the door shoe organizer (the kind that hooks to the top and bottom of the door) for the bathroom, but if there is enough storage space in the bathroom I won't bother. It would also be a pain if there are hooks on the door that get in the way when hanging the organizer. Don't want to pack it if we don't need it or can't use it. I was also wondering if there are clocks in the room or do we need to bring a travel clock?

I found there to be plenty of storage space...but we were only 2 in a cabin on Conquest. Guess it depends on how much junk you bring with you! Don't forget the suit cases can go under the beds.

Oh and bring a travel clock...There are none in the cabin and you can set a wake-up call but I like to know what time it is.

Archived